Vintage Christmas Mantel

Hey hey!! Are y’all having a good week? I’m so excited to show you my Vintage Christmas Mantel today!! It took me a couple of weeks to pull everything together, but I couldn’t be more thrilled with the results.

Ooo, la, la!

To set the stage {or mantel} I used an old window, my vintage ceiling tile wall art and an old print drawer.

I shopped my house and my Christmas storage boxes and layered a cigar box, book, old spools, ornaments, my DIY hurricane vases and fake greenery.  I used a grapevine “tree” and decorated it with a ruffled felt garland sewn with baker’s twine. I love how it turned out!

On the other side, I placed my 14.00 rusty flea market reindeer candle holder.  Isn’t it cute?!

Pretty!!

Remember that antique shop red and white “ribbon?”  I hot glued four snowflake and star ornaments {Hobby Lobby 50% off!} on the ribbon and hung it over the window with two thumb tacks. :)

Until I get “real” stocking holders, I’m using three of my aqua insulators to hold the stockings up.  Obviously, this isn’t the safest option, so don’t try this at your house if you have littles. Ahem.

This sled was my husband’s when he was growing up. It was the perfect addition to one side of the fireplace.

Oh my word, y’all. I’m in love with these stockings. I had grand ideas of making burlap stockings this year, but it’s just not happening. We’re doing simple things.  When I spotted these knitted stockings at a local store for $7.00 each, I jumped and honestly, I’m so happy with how they look!

I’ve had the mosaic J-O-Y for a few years and I love how it pops against the darker printer drawer!  The reflective, glittery-ness is beautimous.

I draped a strand of red beads over the drawer just to add a bit of color which brightened the darker drawer.

Happy. Festive.

I wrote yesterday about the fabulousness of decorating with poinsettias! Love them around the fireplace!

Do you have a mantel or a shelf that you decorate for Christmas?

I’m linking up to Rhoda’s Mantel Party, Beth’s Mantel Party, The Inspired RoomHooked On Houses, I’m Lovin’ It, Kelly’s Korner and Weekend Wrap Up Party!

Don’t miss out – diy projects, recipes, crafts and more, by checking out my subscribe page!

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest5,472Share on Facebook132Tweet about this on Twitter16Share on Google+0Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

1. Tara G. says

It’s you, Myra! I don’t think you’d have to change too much to leave it up for the winter, too. We have no fire place in this apartment, so no mantel. I do have a buffet we’ve been provided with that I decorated- it’s very simple this year in part because I’m over the colors we’ve used for years and I have no Target on this continent to cross over to another look! Next year…! :)

Myra,
    The lighting on your photos is spectacular. Fantastic job! Will you be at Blissdom this year? I’d love to meet you. I have been following you for about a year and started blogging myself in July.
    Susan´s last blog post ..Holiday mantel

I had that same sled as a kid but I have no idea what happened to it? Love the mantel and I bet my What I Made Wednesday Nature Wreath would be a fitting addition! It’s what is hanging in my foyer right now! Great way to set the festive spirit as soon as guests enter our home. I hope you have some time to check the link today!
    I am LOVD´s last blog post ..What I Made Wednesday {Nature-Inspired JOY Wreath}

It’s all lovely, Myra! You’ve layered everything together beautifully.

I just love the aqua insulators as stocking holders. To tell the truth, I’m not a big fan of stocking holders; I just hang ours on nails. But the insulators look wonderful!

That is perfection! It looks like a magazine shot-straight fro
    BHG! I love the snowflakes on the ribbon and the joy-actually I love it all! Very well done! Definitely worth 2 weeks of work!

I have been struggling for days to come up with a mantel I love and now I look at yours, I could almost replicate it with the exact same stuff, but nooo I didn’t think of using those things. My fireplace isn’t white nor are my walls white so it wouldn’t have looked the same anyway. I love how yours turned out!
    Laura@ Ms Smartie Pants´s last blog post ..Traditional Red & Green decorating

7. Jen says

Your mantel is one of the best I’ve seen thus far this season! It is so festive, yet the antique elements add a touch of warmth! I love the touches of aqua and that deer is just beyond cute!

Thanks for sharing!

8. Julianna says

How much can I pay you to send me some of those stockings? I looked up the store but the site is only open to wholesalers. Seriously they are so so so cute!!!

• Julianna says

@Myra,
        I am going to die. I will take however many they have. 6 preferably but if they only have 3 or 2 I’ll take em. Whatever! Email me and I will email you my address. Do you have a paypal account? I could pay you that way! You are the best! Thank you thank you!

9. Crystal Beyer says

OMGOSH those are my stockings!! I bought 3 two years ago (planning for the 1 child we thought we were having) .. but then we had twins and i need ONE more!!!! Please share ANY insight on how to get one more?!! I’ve looked EVERYWHERE!

!!

10. Lizzie Saito says

I love the rustic elegance of your mantel! I think the decors will pop-out more if we add hand blown glass figurines where the sunlight naturally comes and brings the glass ornaments to life, and magnifies the beauty of the other decors! You can buy these in antique shops, on eBay, and on http://www.glasslilies.com. Thanks for sharing, Myra. You’re awesome!

1. […] 7.  Vintage Christmas Mantel ~ With Christmas storage boxes and layered a cigar box, book, old spools, ornaments, my DIY hurricane vases and fake greenery this Mantel is fabulous.  She also used a grapevine “tree” and decorated it with a ruffled felt garland sewn with baker’s twine. […]

Comments