Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal

We love to start our days with baked oatmeal. Since we are celebrating Fall, I adapted the recipe to include pumpkin, of course…Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal. Baked oatmeal is a perfect breakfast on the go or snack, especially if you bake the oatmeal in muffin tins rather than a baking dish.

pumpkin spice baked oatmeal

Thoughtfully preparing easy meals and snacks will cut out the cost of running through the drive-thru every now and then. Plus, you know what’s in your food when you make it! :) This batch of Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal was gone in no time! Yum!

What is your favorite homemade snack to grab on your way out the door?

Sharing at: Chic & Crafty and I’m Lovin’ It!

Don’t miss out – diy projects, recipes, crafts and more, by checking out my subscribe page!

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest4,370Share on Facebook221Tweet about this on Twitter7Share on Google+16Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

• Palma says

I made this last week and it’s delicious!! I had a healthy, filling breakfast all week and am about to make it again for this week! I love how toasted the nuts and oats get. So much more flavorful than regular oatmeal. Love the crunchiness!

I have eaten it in several ways. Took a piece from the refrigerator, microwaved in a bowl for 2 min with some milk, then broken into pieces. Yum. When I didn’t have the opportunity to add milk and microwave, I ate the piece as a bar – equally delicious! Thanks for a great recipe! I love pumpkin and the spices that go with it!! (By the way I used maple syrup in place of honey.)

1. Jessica says

Started making this (half the ingredients in a bowl) and realized I don’t know how much Sugar, Milk, or Applesauce? Help!

• Myra Hope says

Hi Joy! :) Yum! I haven’t made my own pumpkin puree yet! I will have to try it! Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

Looks delicious! And I love that it doesn’t call for milk. Will definitely try making this and freezing some squares for quick breakfasts and snacks for the guys :)

Do you have any idea what would happen if I subbed sugar for the honey? Would I need to add any extra liquid? I’m currently out of honey and can’t get to Earth Fare to get more of the good stuff yet :)
    Diana´s last blog post ..eBook Benefit Sale

3. Jennifer says

This looks scrumptious! Going to give it a try this weekend. What is the best type of oats to use or does it not really matter?

• Myra Hope says

I don’t think it really matters. I used old fashioned oats, so it’s pretty chewy, but next time I’ll use quick oats just to try the difference. :)

4. Laura says

Hi Myra — Looks delicious! I noticed in the picture it looks as though you cooked them in a muffin tin. Do you alter the cooking time when you do it that way? Thanks!

5. Kayla says

These turned out delicious and super filling! They were just a little dry and crunchy on the top, did I bake them too long or do they need more moist ingredients?

6. LP says

Hi! Just wondering if it matters what kind of oats are used. Most of the baked oatmeal recipes I come across call for old-fashioned, but I have the quick oats on hand and was wondering if that would be acceptable. Thanks! 😀

• Myra Hope says

I’ve actually used both with success. You may need to cut the baking time a bit so it doesn’t get over baked. :) I hope that helps!

7. Diane says

Found this on a search for baked oatmeal recipes. I made it for my family over Christmas. It was a huge hit. I’ve since made it again and it makes for a wonderful breakfast. I served in bowl with heated milk. Also great heated and then topped with greek yogurt. Thanks for sharing.

8. Myra Hope says

Hey Kristie, I had a crazy mommy-brain moment and published the post without it being finished. Oops! It’s all fixed now! :)

Comments