Homemade Salsa {In 5 Minutes}

Last week, I made delicious Homemade Salsa with a recipe from a friend. I posted a photo over on the My Blessed Life Facebook page and everyone wanted the recipe, so I’m posting it here on the blog.

This homemade salsa recipe is easy and fast to make….in less than 5 minutes! Plus it’s the most delicious homemade salsa ever.

Love these simple ingredients!

Have you ever made homemade salsa?

I’m linking up to Tasty Tuesday and Women Living Well.

Don’t miss out – diy projects, recipes, crafts and more, by checking out my subscribe page!

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest2,201Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+8Print this pageEmail this to someone

1. Dawn D says

We do make salsa, although not in a blender. We always spend hours chopping the ingredients, then sterilizing everything in hope to have removed all the hot pepper oils that might remain. I recently took my hard earned savings and purchased a Cuisinart Food Processor… I will be trying your simple recipe, while adding those hot peppers! I know it won’t take as long. It looks delish! I do have one question… Why Rotel? I see this in a lot of recipes, but never used the product. What’s special about it?

I used to make that all of the time but can you believe I forgot the recipe? LOL Seriously, I was trying so hard to remember exactly what went into it. I am thrilled that you posted it so I can make it again!
    Sheri´s last blog post ..today

3. Karen says

I have made homemade salsa, and I love it! I usually use fresh garlic, and tomatoes, and don’t use the blender, leaving it more like pico-de-gallo. And, I use lime instead of lemon. Never tried lemon. This looks yummy, so I am probably going to try your version!

I am allergic to onions and garlic so this is how I make it all the time (minus the onion and garlic, with lime juice instead of lemon). I also add just a tiny bit of chipotle powder and a fresh or roasted jalapeno. Or, if I use enough jalapeno & chipotle I can skip the RoTel and just used more tomatoes! When I can get good fresh tomatoes I also add those (seeded) for an even fresher taste! If it’s too hot, add a pinch of sugar :)
    Lisa´s last blog post ..Monday Stuff – Poison T-Shirts, Origami Flowers, Homemade Bread & Such

5. Jane says

Yes I have tried making homemade salsa. But I need to practice some more to achieve the taste that I’ve always wanted. I’m glad I’ve found your site, you’ve given me an idea. And I’m sure this one would taste good. Do you still have any other homemade salsa? Thanks for sharing this.
    Jane´s last blog post ..How To Pick Up Girls

6. Janice says

My concern with the use of Ro-tel is the extremely high sodium content. One can of original Ro-tel has about 2600 mg of sodium. The canned tomatoes can be bought without salt so that’s a good thing. I suggest using just tomatoes and adding your own seasonings. It works great and it’s so much better for you than all that salt.

I’ve done several variations of this recipe. And because Rotel is so high in sodium, I have used a mixture of no/low sodium canned tomatoes and added a can of chiles, as well as fresh jalapenos if I have them. I’ve made the recipe as is, as well, only with an added jalapenos pepper, lime instead of lemon (I like it better) and a little sugar to even out the taste. If I have fresh tomatoes on hand, I will dice them up and stir them in by hand at the end, rather than puree them. So delish and tastes like the Mexican restaurants!
    TanyaLea´s last blog post ..I Cannot Change the Channel…

8. Patrick says

I tried this, and though wonderful on it’s own, I felt it lacked a little something for my tastes(wasn’t spicy enough.) I added maybe a teaspoon of chili powder and two tablespoons of Valentino’s hot sauce and it hit the spot. Both recipes taste like something right out of a Mexican restaurant. You really can’t go wrong either way!