Mexican Tortilla Salad
- Fresh organic romaine lettuce hearts
- Organic tortilla chips
- 2 packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies, slightly drained
- 1 10 oz package frozen organic corn
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Salt and garlic powder, to taste
Melt butter in a saute pan, add frozen corn, onion, salt and garlic powder and stir until onion is translucent. Add drained, diced tomatoes with green chilies and cream cheese. Stir over low heat until fully melted and combined.
Tear up lettuce on a plate, crush tortilla chips over lettuce. Add cheese, corn, tomato mixture on top.
You can use the leftover corn mixture for salads over the next couple of days or use as dip with chips. Yum!
What is your favorite lettuce salad topping?