Easy Banana Nut Bread Recipe

When I found bananas at Kroger for 0.10 a pound after the storms and power outage, I snagged a bunch of them for 0.58!  Unbelievable!  I’m not a banana lover, but Ridley and Ernie enjoy them and I’m always up {except when I’m dieting} for my Mom’s easy banana nut bread!

banana bread recipe

I modified Mom’s recipe a bit to suit our current real food goals!

Do you like bananas?

Linked to: Tasty Tuesday & Tempt My Tummy Tuesday

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest434Share on Facebook346Tweet about this on Twitter6Share on Google+0Print this pageEmail this to someone

1. Kerry says

Yum! Yes, I love bananas and enjoy my banana bread with coffee for breakfast! And I love bananas with peanut butter smeared on ’em! Thanks for sharing.

2. Blanca Aguilera says

Yum!! that looks so good 😀 i love banana nut bread. i like plain bananas too, but they have to be a bit green, i don’t like them sweet. if there fully yellow or with brown spots, i CANNOT eat them. i usually like a green/yellow banana with cold milk, yum.

3. Erin says

This is an excellent banana bread recipe. I usually don’t try a new one because I already have recipes that I like. This one intriqued me, though with the cream of tartar and raw, cane sugar. I used sucanat and it came out perfectly. Many thanks!

4. Lindsay says

What should I do if the bananas are frozen? Do I just let them thaw? Will be trying your recipe. When I find good looking bananas I always grab 3 or 4 bunches. It’s a rare treat to find them yellow and not green or split, so I freeze them. (My girls eat bananas, but not that much). Thinking I’ll try your recipe. This will be the first loaf I make.

• Shirlene says

Lindsay, I use unthawed bananas in mine. If you don’t want to wait you can microwave for about 30 seconds or until thawed.

I am intrigued by this recipe as well, curious to see how the cream of tartar works. I LOVE BANANA BREAD.

As I read your post this afternoon I saw the bananas that were ripening on my counter out of the corner of my eye. Yep, Mine were very ripe, too.

Two loaves of your banana bread are in my oven as I type this! Thank you for the recipe!
    mamajuliana´s last blog post ..Hristos voskrese!