Quick and Easy Egg Sandwich!

My husband loves to fix breakfast for us on the weekends.  I’m normally trying to clear the cobwebs from my brain in the morning, so my breakfast is often a Green Smoothie or an Ezekiel bread English muffin.  It is a treat when I make Breakfast Casserole or Potatoes, Onions and Eggs.

But I really like it when my hubs makes breakfast!

Ernie enjoys making Egg Burritos with cheese and salsa, but most recently, he’s been fixin’ (yes, that’s a Southern term) Egg Sandwiches on whole wheat toast.

Photobucket

Shhhh….don’t tell anyone.  He’s actually made this for supper before!

Breakfast Sandwiches are quick and easy to make.

• Scramble eggs
  • Melt cheese on top
  • Toast the bread
  • Lightly spread with Olive Oil Mayonnaise
  • Add cheese eggs to bread
  • Layer on two tomato slices (or ketchup)
  • Salt lightly if desired

Enjoy!

What is your go-to breakfast food?
Linked to:

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest9Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+0Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

I LOVE egg sandwiches! So yummy. I leave the mayo off mine because, well, I have issues with mayo. 😉 You can tell your hubby I think egg sandwiches are a perfectly respectable supper too!
    .-= JessieLeigh´s last blog ..Death By Chocolate =-.

Egg sandwiches are one of my favorites too, and I’m happy to see I’m not the only person who gilds the lily by putting mayo on ’em!

The tomato is a nice touch, especially when good heirloom tomatoes are in season. I’ll have to remember this in a month or so….

My favorite go-to breakfast is definitely a smoothie. I really like making Good Night Belgian Waffles. I make up the mix the night before, and in the morning,while I’m heating up the waffle iron, I just add the eggs, vanilla, and baking soda to the mix. Sometimes we eat the waffles after church. That’s always a fun treat! :)
    .-= Kristine´s last blog ..Follow Me Back Tuesday =-.

Egg sandwiches are always a hit at my house. We love them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. In addition to the mayo, I like to add some yellow mustard.

Thanks for the tip about the tomatoes. I can’t wait to try it out!

5. Sarah says

It’s not homemade, or healthy, but at our house, we take two toasted Eggo Waffles, put some slices of deli ham in the middle, and call it a waffle sandwich. So good!

6. kathleen says

I can’t do tomatoes because of a medical problem but I love egg sandwiches. we use honey wheat thins with egg,cheese, turkey bacon. Yummy!

Comments