Green Smoothies – A Vlog!

When I first heard about “green” smoothies or spinach smoothies, I thought “Ewww, gross!” But trust me, they are not gross at all! Green smoothies provide lots of great nutrients – like having a salad for breakfast. Or not.

Enjoy the vlog! And you can laugh at me because I was nervous and said put “lettuce” in the blender instead of “spinach.” Duh!

A green smoothie is my favorite, quick and easy breakfast in the whole world! Hope you will try and enjoy it as well!

Linked to:

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest20Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+0Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

Mmmm…yum! I would have never thought about combining spinach with juice like that, but it looks tasty and healthy! I bet it gives you more energy for the day, right? I neeeeeeeeed that!

Hehe—move over Paula Deen! :) You are so serious in this video! :) I remember all the laughs from college…miss those days at times! (But not those “weird roommate” times…). I am going to try this smoothie…it looks gross but probably tastes great. :)

3. Carol says

I can vouch for the green smoothies. You really can’t taste the spinach and makes them super nutritious. I thought I would share a great smoothie tip I just read last night. Put 1/2 c yogurt and 1/2 fruit (and maybe some spinach?) in a freezer ziplock. You can make whatever flavor combinations you like. Make several and keep them in the freezer. When you are ready to make a smoothie, grab a bag and toss the contents in the blender with 1/2 c milk and 1/2 c juice. Super quick smoothie! This would be a great way for kids to make their own smoothies for breakfast or as an after school snack.

• Jeanette C. says

@Carol, I love this idea and am going to try it this week for my family-thanks for sharing the great idea-I get tired of pulling out the 10 different items for the smoothies I make.

Hey Lady! I keep forgetting to tell you that I tried these last week and now make them at least 4 times a week. They are good and you can’t really even taste the spinach. Either I’m so use to healthy food or the other stuff overrides the spinach flavor. I really like them, though – so thanks!
    .-= Kari Newsom´s last blog ..Bella’s Special Day Continued… =-.

• says

Just made this in my hotel room kitchen! Made for a pefrect post-run recovery drink. The peanut butter and banana alone didn’t blend for me so I added a half cup of skim milk (how did your smoothie turn out so liquidy with no dairy?). The addition of spinach was brilliant didn’t taste it at all (not that I mind its taste). Will definitely be making this one again and again. Thanks Alia!

Yum! I love the green smoothies you can buy in the produce section at the grocery, but I’ve never even thought of making these at home, even though we always have tons of spinach. Can’t wait to make this tomorrow!

• Myra says

Did you make a green smoothie? :) I’d love to hear your feedback! Most people don’t believe me when I tell them how good green smoothies are!

6. yvonne says

I have never made a green smoothie, although we eat spinach daily, instead of lettuce which has no nutritious value. Spinach has more vitamin A in it than carrots, there-fore it is better for your eyes.

Comments