Happy Friday, y’all! I am SO excited to give you a sneak peek of my bedroom while I tell you all about the marvelous ways you can refresh your bedroom for Summertime! I’ve partnered with Better Homes & Gardens on this project. I found some wonderful BHG Live Better accessories at none other than…Walmart! These items really brought my bedroom together. I’m pretty smitten with the whole she-bang!
Here are my 5 Tips for Refreshing Your Bedroom for Summer!
1. Invest in lightweight and romantic bedding. The gorgeous ruched bedding above is the Better Homes & Gardens Ashlyn comforter set. I LOVE this bedding. It is so romantic and it’s surprisingly lightweight which is perfect for warmer weather. The set came with several pillows that I used both on the bed and in other places. I will show you that in a minute.
2. Add bright and happy toss pillows. Okay, so like I mentioned above, I got the Ashlyn comforter set. I could have just left it as is with all the pillows that came in the set. But I like to think outside the box. I found the beautiful yellow and turquoise quatrefoil pillows at Walmart as well. They make the bed so happy and colorful.
I seriously love this pillow.
I almost must note that I really like how the shams are made without a floppy flange all the way around. These shams are simple and they stand up nicely.
I added an extra toss pillow from the bedding set to this bench in my bedroom. I love the extra shimmer and elegance that it adds.
3. Update window covering hardware. It is a pretty simple upgrade to change out curtain hardware, but many people don’t consider updating very often. I don’t know what’s come over me, but I can’t get enough gold and brass in my life. I used to think it was so gross. Ha! Anyway, the pole and finial above is the Golden Mosaic Urn Rod Set. I couldn’t believe how reasonably priced it was. Beautiful!
4. Hang updated wall art. When I was shopping at Walmart for BHG products, I immediately fell. in. love. with this industrial wall clock. It looks heavy as lead, but it’s not. And it is definitely a breeze to hang. I love the fresh, modern vibe that it has. I didn’t see the clock online for some reason. Maybe everyone loved it so much, they sold out.
5. Implement ambient lighting. For the love of all things that you can see, make sure that your bedroom has the correct lighting. I’m a little bit of a lamp and lighting snob. It’s all about the mood. Overhead lighting is nice and pretty, but lamps totally set the mood.
I really enjoyed choosing the lamp base and the shade. The BHG Live Better line has an awesome mix and match option to make your lamp just right. I chose a lovely brass lamp with the black and white shade. I’m so excited because for the first time in 8 years I have matching lamps beside my bed!
Love, love, love.
I am loving these BHG Live Better items that have completely MADE my master bedroom makeover! The Refresh for Summer came at the perfect time!