Happy Friday, y’all! I am SO excited to give you a sneak peek of my bedroom while I tell you all about the marvelous ways you can refresh your bedroom for Summertime! I’ve partnered with Better Homes & Gardens on this project. I found some wonderful BHG Live Better accessories at none other than…Walmart! These items really brought my bedroom together. I’m pretty smitten with the whole she-bang!
Here are my 5 Tips for Refreshing Your Bedroom for Summer!
1. Invest in lightweight and romantic bedding. The gorgeous ruched bedding above is the Better Homes & Gardens Ashlyn comforter set. I LOVE this bedding. It is so romantic and it’s surprisingly lightweight which is perfect for warmer weather. The set came with several pillows that I used both on the bed and in other places. I will show you that in a minute. 🙂
2. Add bright and happy toss pillows. Okay, so like I mentioned above, I got the Ashlyn comforter set. I could have just left it as is with all the pillows that came in the set. But I like to think outside the box. I found the beautiful yellow and turquoise quatrefoil pillows at Walmart as well. They make the bed so happy and colorful.
I seriously love this pillow.
I almost must note that I really like how the shams are made without a floppy flange all the way around. These shams are simple and they stand up nicely.
I added an extra toss pillow from the bedding set to this bench in my bedroom. I love the extra shimmer and elegance that it adds.
3. Update window covering hardware. It is a pretty simple upgrade to change out curtain hardware, but many people don’t consider updating very often. I don’t know what’s come over me, but I can’t get enough gold and brass in my life. I used to think it was so gross. Ha! Anyway, the pole and finial above is the Golden Mosaic Urn Rod Set. I couldn’t believe how reasonably priced it was. Beautiful!
4. Hang updated wall art. When I was shopping at Walmart for BHG products, I immediately fell. in. love. with this industrial wall clock. It looks heavy as lead, but it’s not. And it is definitely a breeze to hang. I love the fresh, modern vibe that it has. I didn’t see the clock online for some reason. Maybe everyone loved it so much, they sold out. 🙂
5. Implement ambient lighting. For the love of all things that you can see, make sure that your bedroom has the correct lighting. I’m a little bit of a lamp and lighting snob. It’s all about the mood. Overhead lighting is nice and pretty, but lamps totally set the mood.
I really enjoyed choosing the lamp base and the shade. The BHG Live Better line has an awesome mix and match option to make your lamp just right. I chose a lovely brass lamp with the black and white shade. I’m so excited because for the first time in 8 years I have matching lamps beside my bed! 🙂
Love, love, love.
I am loving these BHG Live Better items that have completely MADE my master bedroom makeover! 🙂 The Refresh for Summer came at the perfect time!