Beautiful Laminate Countertop With Undermount Sink

Well, hello, hello! I hope y’all are having a fabulous week! I’m so excited to show you a bit more of our kitchen today. I’ve been holding off on a full kitchen reveal because I have a few extra things that need to be done…and we are buying a new refrigerator soon.

I couldn’t wait any longer to share about our amazingly beautiful laminate countertop and sink. I used to think that laminate countertops were second rate, but I have since learned that laminate has come a long way, baby! :)

Beautiful Laminate Countertop with Undermount Sink | MyBlessedLife.net

For our kitchen remodel, I decided that while I ADORE granite or marble, I didn’t want to invest that kind of money. I began researching laminate at the recommendation of my friend Emily. Like I mentioned, laminate has come so far and looks quite similar to the beautiful natural designs of granite and marble.

I decided on Formica laminate in the “Crema Mascarello” pattern for my countertop. Isn’t it beautiful?!

Beautiful Laminate Countertop with Undermount Sink | MyBlessedLife.net

I chose the Ogee edge in the Formica’s Ideal Edge series. I love the edge and there are no brown seam lines! Yes!

If you haven’t read how I remodeled the kitchen cabinets and doors, you must read all about that here.

Beautiful Laminate Countertop with Undermount Sink | MyBlessedLife.net

I am seriously in love with my undermount stainless steel sink. The edge of standard mounted sinks can get icky from food build up and other grime. Having the sink mounted under the countertop is brilliant, clean and neat. Perfection.

I love the process that Karran has developed to enable countertop fabricators to undermount sinks on laminate tops. Amazing!

Beautiful Laminate Countertop with Undermount Sink | MyBlessedLife.net

I did the countertop installation almost all myself. My husband helped me tighten the joint in the corner. I filled the seam with color matched filler and I caulked the edge between the countertop and the backsplash…er….wall. Yep, I still need to do a backsplash. :)

Beautiful Laminate Countertop with Undermount Sink | MyBlessedLife.net

The countertop really ties the kitchen together. It is a calm and quiet pattern with just enough interesting movement to keep me from getting bored with it. I like that it’s neutral enough to go with any cabinet color…just in case I get a wild hair to change something.

Beautiful Laminate Countertop with Undermount Sink | MyBlessedLife.net

This is the E-350 stainless steel double bowl sink. The bowls are extra deep and roomy. I found the Delta faucet at Home Depot, but I can’t find that it’s still available. I will keep looking if anyone is interested. :)

Beautiful Laminate Countertop with Undermount Sink | MyBlessedLife.net

The edge is so perfect. It is solid, sealed and gunk-free. :)

Beautiful Laminate Countertop with Undermount Sink | MyBlessedLife.net

I was privileged to work with Karran and Cullman Cabinets {my semi-local countertop fabricator} on the kitchen countertop and sink project. I can’t say enough good things about these companies. I’m very impressed in both the product and the service!

Beautiful Laminate Countertop with Undermount Sink | MyBlessedLife.net

What kind of countertops do you have? Have you considered a laminate countertop or undermount sink?

xoxo

Myra

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest1,340Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+37Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

That looks fabulous and the edge treatment makes it look even more “real.” Pretty green color on the cabinets, too! We have granite-look laminate on a work surface in a “closet-turned-office” area. It is beautiful – looks just like the Santa Cecelia in our kitchen. My daughter was a designer for a large builder in our area and said that customers often chose real granite in their kitchens, but then used the laminate in a matching “granite” for their bathrooms.
    Suzanne Shepherd´s last blog post ..Mom’s Sunbonnet Sue Quilt

I can understand why you love your new countertop do much! I would never have guessed that it was laminate. That edging really is a nice elegant touch. I’m impressed that you did most of the work yourself! You go girl 😉

Hi, there,
    I work in Marketing at Formica Corporation. Thank you for utilizing our product in your renovation-the counters look great! We’re currently running “Makeover May” on Facebook and would like to feature a “before” and “after” of your counters. Do you by chance have any “before” images of your kitchen AND would you mind if we utilized some of the photography shown in this post on our Facebook wall? We will of course provide link credit. Please email me with approval, questions, or concerns. Thanks very much!

4. Ellen says

Looks great !!! We just re did our kitchen and spend a lot of money on granite and I have to tell you from a distance yours does look like granite!!! It looks beautiful !!!!

5. Lori says

I used the same countertop in our new construction. I really did not want a laminate material but did not want to invest that much $ in countertops. I would have never been able to change them! I’m very happy with ours . Love the look and the ease of cleaning.

6. Mike says

Hello, looks great! Can you explain the process of getting that sink installed with a little more detail? Did you just ask the store providing the countertop if they could attach the sink or what was the process like?

Beautiful! I’m looking to do almost the same thing. I’d love to know more about the sink also. Did you install that yourself? How do you seal it so no water gets under the laminate?

Normally I don’t discover write-up on weblogs, however prefer to point out that this write-up really compelled my family to take a peek in and also apply it! The way with words is astonished myself.. stainless steel kitchen organizers Thanks, excellent write-up.

9. Tricia says

I am getting ready to do my countertops and do the same thing with an undermount sink. Have you had any water problems with the laminate and Karran sink?

Hi! Love the kitchen redo. So pretty! I am considering laminate countertops. Can you tell me where you ordered yours from? And you said you installed them yourself, so did they just come in big pieces? A little more nitty gritty detail would help me out a lot! Thank you!

11. Sybil says

Beautiful! We are considering laminate countertops for our kitchen remodel. I just wish the stores showed them more in the kitchen displays instead of the those tiny samples on the wall. Around here they really push the granite & quartz.

12. Lori says

Hi. I would like to know where you purchased your countertop and how it was templated? You stated you installed mostly yourself and I would love to receive more information about that. Also, how were your counters delivered? Many thanks

13. Caroline says

Did you install the undermount sink yourself too? We are putting in laminate counters ourselves and we weren’t sure about the sink. Thx!

14. leia says

The counter looks great, does it have the radiant finish? In the sample I thought it made the design look too fake but your pics make it look wonderful!

15. Sandy says

I wish I had seen this a couple of months ago. I just had laminate installed – I love it! – but I assumed I couldn’t have an undermount sink. That’s what I get for assuming, I guess. I do love my new sink. It’s one big bowl, not divided at all, and it’s so much easier to wash larger items.

• queena says

Moving soon. Want to keep the laminate thats there but would like to move the sink and put a cook top where it is now. I would LOVE to have it done undermount! I see it can be done when new .. but could it be done in existing tops? It would be into a solid bar top. Possible to remove it and put it back I guess?

• queena says

16. Elizabeth says

Who did your installation? I’m having a heck of a time finding someone who will do the undercount sink with a laminate counter. Most people give me a “no can do” and seem to have never heard of the idea. I realize it needs to be a Karran sink.

Comments