How To Make Your Own Bisquick

Good morning, lovely friends!! I hope y’all are having a great week! I’m excited to share a very simple way to make your own bisquick mix. I love making things from scratch and this homemade bisquick mix is no different! It’s so easy to mix up and keep in the fridge for whenever I need to use it!

How To Make Your Own Bisquick

You can double, triple or quadruple this recipe based on how much you use Bisquick. Next week, I’m going to share my favorite holiday recipe that uses homemade bisquick! :)

If you’re reading via email or reader, click here to print the recipe!

Here are a few of my other favorite homemade from scratch recipes…

homemade taco seasoning

Easy Homemade Taco Seasoning

Make Your Own Pumpkin Pie Spice | MyBlessedLife.net

Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice

homemade_ranch_dressing7

Ranch Dressing

What’s your favorite homemade “from scratch” recipe to make?

xoxo

Myra

Sharing at The Frugal Girls,  I’m Lovin’ It and Weekend Wrap Up Party!

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest7,391Share on Facebook766Tweet about this on Twitter15Share on Google+80Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

Thanks for sharing! This looks really great and I can’t believe how easy it is!
    So what do I do with it after I make it? How do I make basic biscuits? Does it still taste good if I use whole wheat flour?

Myra, I love making my own homemade convenience items, too. I remember back in the day when I bought bisquick and loved making pancakes and chicken pot pie. This photo and recipe is perfect. I’m like you, like to do thing the easy way :) I use my kitchen aid mixer to incorporate the fat in this whole wheat pancake mix I make about every two months for my family of six: http://momonamission.me/whole-wheat-pancake-mix-freezer-friendly/
    jackie Brown´s last blog post ..Homemade Pumpkin Granola

AMAZING! I’ve always said that bisquick seems to have the perfect ratio of ingredients for those fluffy pancakes. Can’t wait to try this. Will it work if I make it with with flour or at least half and half?

• Myra Hope says

It should work just fine. It doesn’t have the preservatives and additives that Bisquick does, so you may find that it’s a bit different.

4. Kendra says

I think my favourite would be making my own salad dressings and pumpkin purée! have you ever done your own purée, Myra? I just notice you bake a lot of pumpkin things…it’s amazing how much you get from one $4 pumpkin :)

You have no idea how happy finding this has made me! I was wanting to make some biscuits tonight, but I’m out of Bisquick… however, I have everything on hand to make this! Thank you :)

Hi! How do you recommend storing it? a tupperware or ziploc? We would typically use this for pancakes, so does that recipe change? or do we still just add milk and go from there?

7. Angela says

I love this page. I can’t wait to look around some more. I want to do as much as possible homemade but some of these mixes, etc. are hard to find a substitute for. Thank you, If you find anything for mushroom soup or onion soup mix I would love to hear from you. Thanks again, angelarae76@gmail.com

fantastic! Was looking for a non-gmo alternative for bisquick to feed my family – with coconut oil it’s so much healthier too! Thanks for sharing!

9. Nicole says

This is probably an insanely goofy question…but…why does it have to be refrigerated if I don’t use butter? My coconut oil isn’t refrigerated, nor are the dry ingredients. What about the combination requires the need to refrigerate? I’m so sorry if that is really naive.

Comments