Chocolate Cake {Coca-Cola Cake}

This Chocolate Cake recipe has been on my “share on the blog” list for quite some time. I grew up eating this delectable cake for birthdays, holidays and various other celebrations.  It doesn’t fit in the natural, health-food category, at all, but oh my word, it is SO good. It is the best chocolate cake you will ever eat. Trust me. The secret ingredient…well, not-so-secret and definitely not-so-healthy is…Coca-Cola!

Chocolate Cake

Are you licking your screen, right about now?

I made a Coca-Cola Cake for my youngest brother’s 15th birthday yesterday. It was a huge hit at his birthday supper with family and friends. :)

Chocolate Cake

C’mon over and I’ll serve you a piece of cake along with a scoop of ice cream!

Have you ever had Coca-Cola Cake? Is it just a Southern thing?

Sharing at: TidyMom & Chic & Crafty!

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest9,392Share on Facebook190Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+8Print this pageEmail this to someone

My 2 yr old just saw me reading your post and said, in his most pathetic sad puppy dog voice, “I wish I could have cake someday.” Guess I’ll have to make this fabulous looking cake :). Thanks for sharing, Myra! (PS Are you going to Haven? I’ll be sure to say hi if so!)

Yes, but I used a cake mix and Cheerwine (ever had that? It’s a SC thing and hard to find over here in AL!), so I’m really glad you posted the homemade cake that includes the soda! Next time I want to make that cake, I’m totally doing it this way :)
    Diana´s last blog post ..How to Use Up Leftover Bread

3. Teresa says

Looks great. I thought I had made a coca-cola cake from your blog a few years ago. Is this new or different?

I wondered if you could make this with caffeine free coke, if it would change anything? I can’t do caffeine, and it looks so good, I was just curious what you thought. Thanks for sharing.

5. Sharon says

This sounds wonderful! Wish Joshua a happy birthday for us :-)
    (Hannah’s, Sam’s, Daniel’s, Sarah’s Nana)

• Barbara says

Yes, there is a substitution if you don’t have buttermilk. Use lemon juice or vinegar and regular milk. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes before using.
      This is the moistest, most chocolate-y cake ever! At my house there were hard feelings over who got the “last” piece! And who got the crumbs! :)

• FRAN says

Use a cup of regular milk and add a tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar, stir and let it set for a couple of minutes and then use it. Do this all the time.

YES! Love this cake! I had never had it until I married my husband. But it is a Christmas Eve/Christmas Day tradition for dessert in his family that I have been glad to oblige :)

SOOO good, chocolately, fudgey, etc. I am not a huge cake eater but this is NOT your typical chocolate cake. It is almost brownie like but still cake and the icing, oh the icing. We make a doubled recipe of icing or at least 1.5 times.

Thanks for sharing, Myra!

I’m a bit embarrassed to even admit this, being southern and all, but I’ve never actually had Coca-Cola cake before. I’ve definitely heard of it and intended to make it for several years now, but somehow I’ve never tasted it. I do love Coca-Cola, chocolate cake and my southern roots though so this is the perfect combo for me!

8. Beccy says

Hi, what sugar did you use to make the cake as is doesn’t say & I don’t want to use the wrong sort!

9. Mominah says

I tried the cake, and it was absolutely delicious! I did not get the icing right though. How many cups of sugar would you say you put in the icing? Thanks! And keep up the yumminess!