Chocolate Peppermint Truffles

Hi friends! One of my favorite things about this time of year is making goodies to share with family and friends. These chocolate peppermint truffles are amazing. Truly. And, they are so incredibly easy. Please note that my chocolate peppermint truffles are not healthy…in any sense of the word. Sometimes you just have to let go and splurge on a little junky deliciousness.

chocolate truffles

I need to make these in several batches over the next few weeks…as well as other holiday treats to share!

chocolate truffles

Your friends will think you’re all fancy making chocolate truffles. You don’t have to tell them the secret of how easy the truffles are to make! {wink}

Have a beautiful day!! :)

What is YOUR favorite treat to make and give to others?

Sharing at: Chic & CraftyI’m Lovin’ It and The Better Mom!

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest18,280Share on Facebook77Tweet about this on Twitter6Share on Google+26Print this pageEmail this to someone

1. Melissa Braun says

I was just curious what brand or type of cookie you used for this recipe. I can’t wait to make it for my work party next week :)

2. joanna says

i had the same question as melissa about type of cookie. would it work to use cocoa instead of a cookie, although i guess that would make it more tart, too.

These are so yummy I have been making these for the last couple of years now. You can also use mint oreo coookies and then you won’t have to use the peppermint extract. This is one of the treats that we will be passing out this year to friends, teachers and family. yours look really, really yummy. Do have pics of how you got them to be so nicely round and just perfect?

• Myra Hope says

Awesome! I did use mint oreo (sandwich) cookies. :) The peppermint extract was for the almond bark. :)

I don’t have pics of how I made the balls, but I just separated out the dough in sections. Refrigerated. Rolled the dough in my hands to make balls and then refrigerated again before dipping.

4. leana says

Look yummy, do they need to be kept in the fridge after wards due the cream cheese was not sure if the ratio to the cookies will let them be kept at room temp.

• Myra Hope says

I used two dinner forks. Drop one truffle into the melted white almond bark. Cover it well with a spoon. Pick it up with a fork and gently tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to get the excess bark off. Then gently place the truffle onto a cookie sheet or parchment paper to set. I used the second fork to nudge the truffle off the first fork. Does that help?

5. joanna says

can u use something other than almond bark to dip in? i’m concerned about the almond flavor, which i don’t care for. i know you said the peppermint extract goes in that as well; does that mask the almond flavor well? wasn’t sure if almond bark is available yr.-round either…

• Myra Hope says

Almond bark doesn’t taste like almonds at all. :) It’s basically cheap white chocolate for baking. You can always use white chocolate.

This is a before or after dinner mint that packs a lot more than a refreshing feeling after you consume it. This is pure delight for your taste buds.

7. Elizabeth says

I made these for my work christmas party last night and they were such a hit! They were a sugar overload for sure, but isn’t that what everyone needs to make it through those kinds of events! I dipped mine in milk chocolate and sprinkled them with crushed peppermints and silver sprinkles, they were stunning! Thanks for the quick, easy, and fun recipe!