Roasted Brussel Sprouts

Good morning, y’all!  I’ve mentioned making Roasted Brussel Sprouts for dinner a few times over on Facebook. Several of you have asked how I make them, so I decided to share an “official recipe” here on the blog.

Pin It

I didn’t grow up eating brussel sprouts very often, but my mother-in-law makes them frequently and she’s gotten me sufficiently hooked. I fix them as a side dish at least twice a week because they are so easy and my family loves them! Yum!

These ingredients are the secret to delicious roasted brussel sprouts. Herbamare, olive oil, butter and sea salt…yes, please!

Pin It

Does your family enjoy brussel sprouts? If not, would you be willing to try them?

I’m linking up to Tasty Tuesday, Women Living Well and I’m Lovin’ It!

Don’t miss out – diy projects, recipes, crafts and more, by checking out my subscribe page!

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest536Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+7Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

I love brussel sprouts! My husband hated them, but that was because his only memories were of the severely over cooked variety that people used to make years ago. If you don’t over cook them, brussel sprouts are delicious! I can’t wait to try this recipe!

I love brussel sprouts! We love to roast them just with olive oil and garlic. I also love adding in other veggies like broccoli, beets, yams, etc. We even grew them in our garden last year and they wintered over so we are going to start trying them soon.
    Emilia Brasier´s last blog post ..Music Friday: African Playground

We eat brussel sprouts very frequently now that I’ve discovered the tastiness that is roasting them! I cut them in half and then toss with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Place on a pan for 20 minutes at 425 degrees. They carmelize and pretty much, melt in your mouth.

I’ve never tried cooking them at a lower temp, but I’m going to have to try this recipe!

4. LeAnn says

We love brussell sprouts. I usually them also, but I take fresh ones, wash and cut them in quarters, put in a ziploc bag with olive oil, salt and pepper, mix well and put on a baking sheet and bake until crispy and slightly brown. They are the bomb. Sometime I use Ms. Dash.

5. Annette Holbrook says

We’re big fans of brussel sprouts at our house too! Our 2 year old daughter loves them!! (We sometimes call them “green balls”. lol) I’ve never tried them roasted… Doesn’t roasting use an awful lot of energy? We’ll give them a try soon, I’m sure! (Though we don’t have Herbamare in our cupboard. I’ll have to see if I can find some.)

6. Charlotte Gall says

I just love brussel sprout and always looking for new recipes. Looks like I found a good address :)
    Charlotte Gall´s last blog post ..goldsenze

I have to agree with Amanda above that I love them but my family does not like them. I’ve tried to introduce them several times but no cigar yet.

If you remember in high school science class when learning about genetics there is a little test that teachers do that is tangentially related to some people’s horrible distaste for brussel sprouts. There is a little strip that you taste and if you have a certain gene it tastes horribly bitter, but if you don’t have that gene it is tasteless. The same chemical used in the strip is found naturally in brussel sprouts, so if some one in your family hates brussel sprouts they probably have that gene!

Comments