Homemade Ranch Dressing

I’m really excited to share my homemade ranch dressing recipe with y’all today!  A few weeks ago, I picked up a ranch dressing bottle off the grocery store shelf, turned it over and read the label. Ahem. I put it back on the shelf and came home to make my own homemade ranch dressing.

Pin It

I was thrilled when my little-of-this and little-of-that method resulted in a bomb-diggety version of homemade ranch dressing!  I’ve made it again a few more times and it’s just delish!

Have you ever made homemade salad dressing?

I’m linking up to Tasty Tuesday and Women Living Well!

Don’t miss out – diy projects, recipes, crafts and more, by checking out my subscribe page!

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest2,690Share on Facebook31Tweet about this on Twitter3Share on Google+0Print this pageEmail this to someone

Morning Myra,

I NEVER buy bottled salad dressing…the ingredients are a nightmare!
    Your recipe looks so good…def will be serving this.

I love that you used Almond milk..I am slightly addicted to the unsweetened Chocolate Almond milk by Diamond…soooooo good with a little added natural stevia sweetener.

Janet xox
    janet metzger´s last blog post ..~Welcome Antoinette..newest ASCP color~

2. Kerry says

I’m gonna make this! I’ve seen ranch recipes on the web, but I usually resort to the package/mayo/milk just because it’s easy and so much better than the bottle. Myra, thanks for the inspiration.

3. Kristi Carter says

This looks fantastic! I have been trying to make all of our dressings lately and I will have to add this in. Do you have any suggestions what I could use instead of sour cream to make it vegan? Thank you for the inspiration!

Waaaaay back in the 70’s Hidden Valley Ranch had a mix to which mayo and buttermilk were added to make the dressing. This was before you could ever buy a bottle of ranch dressing off the store shelf. It was very good and my mother-in-law always had a freshly made jar on hand. I’m going to try your recipe, but substitute some buttermilk in there somewhere. : )

And before that there were the “Good Seasons” dressing mixes where you added the vinegar and oil to seasoning packets. (I am feeling pretty old remembering this stuff….) . But neither of those were truly “home-made.” My best friend’s mom always made her own French dressing – no seasoning packets, it was all from scratch. It was delicious and I still have the recipe!

Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about making my own dressings as we increase our salad/raw veggie consumption. The bottled stuff is so loaded with ….. well, who knows what?!? Your recipe looks wonderful; can’t wait to try it. Thanks for this posting!
    Suzanne´s last blog post ..Then and Now

5. Lori says

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I was just thinking about making our own ranch dressing about two days ago and was wishing I had a tried and true, all natural recipe. Can’t wait to try it!

And Suzanne, I would also love to have the French dressing recipe if you would not mind sharing it. That is our family’s second favorite!

6. Melanie says

Thanks for the recipe. My husband is a big fan of Ranch dressing, so I’m excited to try it. Just one question: How long does it keep? It is just me and my husband and I do more vinaigrette dressings, so I don’t want to make it to have it go bad in a couple of days. Thanks!

7. Lin says

Our daughter began cooking “organically” within the last year & started making most everything from scratch — she’s even churning their butter now (using her Kitchenaid mixer & not the old-fashioned way her great-grandmother did :o) She said that she adds dill to her ranch dressing recipe (very similar to yours) & that gives it that “ranch” flavor.

8. Sophia says

to make Almond milk sweeten i used ZYVIA instead of sugar which worked perfectly and very much healthy. thanks zyvia

9. Rosy Donnenwirth says

How long do you think this dressing keeps in the refrigerator? You’re showing it as a dip, but I assume it works poured over salads as well?