Summer Mantel

I’ve had so much fun in the last couple of days putting together my “mantel” for Summer. Y’all, can you believe that it’s almost Summer?  Where has Spring gone?

With all the crazy weather that we’ve had this Spring, I’m pretty much ready for the dreadful heat of Summer. I’m over the wind, the severe storms, tornadoes and sirens.  Seriously, over it.  Today, I was driving through an area that was hit by the F5 tornado.  Wow, just wow. It was all I could do to not just pull over and cry.  What devastation. My prayers are with those all over our country who have lost everything in these storms over the last few days and weeks.

Okay, back to the Summer Mantel…

I’m totally into aquas, yellows and whites right now, so I thought it would be perfect to use those colors on the mantel.  I also decided to simplify and go symmetrical. I typically prefer more asymmetry, but I like the calm simplicity that symmetry brings to the mantel…at least for now.

I used recent yard sale finds like my aqua Bell jars and moss balls to accessorize.  And lemons…don’t you love them in the lanterns?

It’s called making do when your two year old is sleeping and you don’t want go digging around for candles. Plus, I really like how the lemons bring in another pop of yellow. :)

I picked up a bunch of yellow flowers at the grocery store. I love how the aqua Bell jars and yellow flowers play together so beautifully.

{light, bright, happy}

If you can stick flowers in a vase, stack up some books and put lemons in candle holders, you can make a beautiful simple mantel.  Most of the things on my mantle have been collected over years, so the cost is next to nothing.  The only things I bought “new” specifically for the mantel are the flowers and the two cabinet doors on each side of the mirror.

I bought the cabinet doors yesterday at the ReStore for $5 each.  I brought them home and slapped a bit of white paint on them, highlighted them with some Sherwin Williams “Drizzle” paint and then distressed them a bit with a sanding pad. {LOVE them!}

So there it is y’all, my Summer mantel!

Do you have a mantel, ledge or shelf that you decorate seasonally?

Linked to:  Summer Mantel Party, Weekend Wrap Up Party, I’m Lovin’ It, Before & After Party!

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest654Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+1Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

Wow! What an inspiring mantel! I too decorate for the seasons! Love how God gives us such enormous variety in life! I too have the aqua telephone thing…can’t remember that name for it! I only have one,but have a dark brown one too! Look forward to seeing more on your God-filled inspired blog!;) Blessings! Sharon

Very pretty!! Your springy mantel was gorgeous, so when I saw the link on twitter for the summer version, I had to check it out!! Love all the pops of yellow! Especially love the yellow flowers in those blue mason jars!! Beautiful!

i am loving this. the color. the accessories. the simplicity, yet beauty of it. so pretty! also i am loving how much light you get in here. it makes it look even more lovely. the lemons are adorable!

I don’t have a mantel but I have a built-in buffet in our eat-in kitchen that I switch out the decorations on. I usually change it up from summer/spring look to fall/winter along with specifics for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love your summer look! I’ve got lemons on my table right now too! Thanks for the pretty play of colors!

5. Amy says

Very pretty! Simple and bright! I love the round mirror. We do have a mantel, but the decorations stay the same year round (except for the 5 weeks around Christmas) Would LOVE to change it up a bit :)

6. Hannah L. says

OMGoodness!!!! That is soooooo pretty!!! I think it’s my favorite thing you’ve done so far…*sigh* I’m so going to try something like that at my house!! =) Love the yellow!
    ~Hannah

7. amy says

Love your mantel. I agree that the yellow flowers and blue jars are fabulous together. I also love those colors.

So nice to visit with you.

Amy

8. Kelly says

Just lovely. One of my favorite colors is yellow and it’s because it’s such a happy color. You did a beautiful job, love all your ideas!!
    ~blessings,
    Kelly

I love this! I really like those lemons in place of candles. They look wonderful. I love the white vases with the moss balls. A beautiful, clean-lined and sunny mantle.
    Tammy

10. Karen says

Beautiful, Myra!
    I love the yellow flowers and the lemons……would never have thought of that! Your are so talented! This obviously just “flows” from you……unfortunately, it doesn’t from me!! This is great… have enjoyed looking at the pictures!

Karen

OH how I wish I had a mantel. I have a cool oak shelf that I think needs painted white and then it can serve as my FAUX mantle. :o) Yours is adorable.

Your summer mantle looks fabulous! I love the lanterns and that you put lemons inside them! I love using moss balls myself! Such a great summer addition!

Megan

Fresh, fun twist on what I like to call urban country. :) I have saved your image for future decorating inspiration.
    Thanks for sharing
    Pam @ BeColorful

14. Marybeth says

I LOVE this! I found the jars but I’m wondering where you found the lanterns? It looks so nice! Thanks for sharing.

Comments