Honey Bun Cake Recipe

My sister-in-law made this cake this past weekend for my nephew’s birthday party. It’s SO yummy and I can’t wait to make it!  Y’all are going to LOVE this recipe!! :)

And just in case you’re wondering, it really does taste like honey buns…not that I eat them often…but from what I remember! :)

Honey Bun Cake

• 1 yellow cake mix with pudding
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/3 c. water
  • 2/3 c. oil
  • 8 oz. sour cream
  • 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 1-2 t. cinnamon

Add cake mix, eggs, water, oil and sour cream in a bowl and mix well.  Pour into a 9×13 pan.

Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over cake mixture.  Swirl the cinnamon sugar mixture through the cake mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.  Let the cake cool for 10 minutes then drizzle icing on top.

Icing Recipe

• 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • milk to consistency you like

Note:  This cake can also be made in a bundt pan.  Just layer the cake batter and cinnamon sugar mixture…then swirl. :)

Enjoy!

Linked to:

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest709Share on Facebook53Tweet about this on Twitter15Share on Google+0Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

1. Tammie says

This looks so yummy. I am going to make it this weekend for my family!!! I just had to share this with my recipe group on Facebook. I pray that was ok. Thank you for sharing 😀

I literally got a chill when I looked at this recipe – to think that something so delicious would be so easy to make! So doable! Wow. I need to get cracking. Adding these ingredients to my shopping list now…

Thanks for sharing! Visiting from Tasty Tuesdays

3. Julie S. says

I just made this right now! Okay it’s in the oven, but my part is done. :) How easy for what appears will be a VERY yummy cake! Thanks for sharing it. I have a feeling this is gonna make the rotation.

That sounds like a cake I’d enjoy. I have a linky party on my blog every week called “Sweets for a Saturday” and I’d like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link this up.
    Lisa´s last blog post ..Pumpkin Pancakes

5. Sarah says

I made this tonight for a dessert potluck at church and it was yummy!! I heard a kid say “this tastes like a doughnut!”. haha

6. Joan says

Hi just seen recipe but dont know what yellow cake mix with pudding is. Is this something in a packet from supermarkets? writing from the UK and would love to try this bun cake

• Myra says

Hi Joan! Do you have boxed cake mixes in the UK? The one that was used for this recipe is a yellow cake mix with dry pudding already in the mix. I hope that helps you out! :)

1. […] Honey Bun Cake Recipe — my blessed life™ Related Posts:Recipe for coffee cake with espresso-cocoa swirl – The Perfect Pantry One of my favorite places to shop for discounted (and sometimes slightly hurt) kitchenware, the local TJ Maxx received a shipment of Bundt pans a …Biscuit Cake This delicious cross between a cake and a biscuit can be eaten as a pudding or as a tea-time treat. Ingredients Serves: 8-10 55 Gram …The Fat-Fueled Vegan: GF gingernut biscuit cake GF gingernut biscuit cake. A few weeks ago Craig and Bec held a potluck at their place and I re-invented the choc ripple cake to …THE HONEY SHOT – SERIOUS LUNCH – The Apiary – The Apiary – A … THE PLUG: Don't miss Serious Lunch performing "STRANGLEHOLDS" (feat. Midnight Court), happening TONIGHT @ 8PM at The PIT (123 E. 24th bw Lex and Park) …cherry vanilla breakfast cake — Eat, Live, Run Good morning! I'm in a particularly wonderful mood for a few reasons this morning, a few of them being that it's Saturday and sunny…but mainly … Categories: Cake, Real, Recipe, Recipes, and, do, for, love, made, make, or, party, to, you Tags: cake, love, nephew, past, past-weekend, really-does […]

Comments