A Collected Christmas Foyer – Just My Style

Truly, Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year. I love the lights, the ribbons, the gift giving, the decorating, the baking, the eating {did I just admit that?}, the parties…all of it.

When I thought of not decorating this house just one more time, it made me feel sick.  I decorated my magical Christmas mantel and since I went that far, I decided to go ahead and decorate the foyer with a few things that I had on hand. I lurves how it turned out!

Photobucket

This is the first year to decorate for Christmas since I painted my apple green desk that I a-d-o-r-e.  I never thought about how pretty and fun it would be for this holiday season. Y’all, it’s just beeeeeautiful!

Photobucket

{yes, my heart just skipped a beat. did yours?}

Photobucket

A few of you may remember my Candy Cane Christmas Chandelier Decor that I created last year.  As I dug around in my Christmas decorations this morning, I found the bag of candy canes with fishing line still attached. So I proceeded to hang them {with tape} on my yard sale find shutters.  Aren’t they pretty?!

Photobucket

Once again, my homemade hurricane vases are just perfect for this space.  I knew there was a reason why I made eight of them. Ha!  I filled up the vase with el cheapo ornaments that I snagged last year on clearance at Walmart.

Photobucket

I added some frosted berries and artificial greenery with pine cones that I had on hand.

Photobucket

I {heart} this J-O-Y decoration.  I bought it three years ago at our local downtown Christmas open house.  I love how the mosaic mirrors just sparkle!

Photobucket

{more greenery, berries, ornaments, a ribbon wrapped candle and oh, yes…a hurricane vase}

Photobucket

I hung ornaments from the picture frame just like I did on the window and frame in my mantel display.  I just came up with it in my mind and now I’m seeing hanging ornaments everywhere.  Did I start a trend?  Or maybe I’m just right on time for it. :)

{sparkles}

Photobucket

The apple green vanity desk is soooooo festive!  Yay! I’m so glad I took the plunge and was brave enough to paint it. :)

Photobucket

One thing that I’m loving this year is all the different textures that I’m decorating with. I love putting unexpected items together. My own personal style is evolving. I think I’m going to call my style “collected” because that’s who I am – a collection of memories, experiences, happiness, sorrow, joy, trials, new things and old things…with some yard sale and thrift store finds thrown in. Ha!

Photobucket

Let’s just all drool together over this last picture, okay? :)

Do you like collecting different, unique items to decorate with?

Upcoming Posts:

How To Make A Pinecone & Bookpage Wreath

Gum Drop Garland Tutorial

How To Make A Gum Drop Tree

Linked to:

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest211Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+0Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

• Myra says

Thank you Traci! I’m just in love with your laundry room. Seriously, I think I’d always be on top of the laundry if I had that gorgeous space to work in. :)

Thank you for the link to your chandelier. I hadn’t seen that post, and now I can’t wait to try it in my own home. Love the vignette on the green desk too. I will have to check to see if you give the colour of that green in your desk post. I love it.
    Dana

2. Gailanne says

I’m just all smiles reading the excitement in your words, it really is beautiful, and all YOU! Enjoy it everytime you pass by, and thanks for sharing with us…
    can’t wait for your future posts!

Stay blessed!

• Myra says

Aww, Jamie, you are so sweet! Well, this is kinda funny, but I bought it at Hobby Lobby back in the Fall because I was going to do some kind of arrangement inside it. Since that didn’t happen I decided to turn it over and make it into a tree. :) P.S. I found it at Hob Lob with the other grapevine wreaths and such. :)

3. Danielle says

I always enjoy looking at your neat ideas and what you just happen to ‘throw together.’ Looking forward to the pinecone and bookpage wreath tutorial.

• Myra says

Thanks Alisha for your sweet comment! Seriously, once you start it’s hard to stop with the paint. I’m just itching to paint something aqua blue! :)

4. Diane says

I just read your comment on The Inspired Blog, and it made me laugh aloud on my unorganized morning…..so, I had to visit your blog. Thankfully, I did as yours will be one of my daily reads…everything is just beautiful!

I LOVE the green color, Myra! Very fun! Want to come to St. Louis and decorate for me? I SO need help!

Working on some simple blog redesign with a new logo; I’m excited! Thanks again for your input at Relevant!

6. vikki says

I have that same desk, how funny is that. I painted mine white (safe) now I am thinking a fun color might be just the ticket. Thanks for the inspiration. It is just lovely.

Holy cow, I totally dig that green desk! What a gorgeous color, and I’m sure you’ll be able to create an equally beautiful display on it come spring.

Your foyer looks wonderful! That green desk is total perfection! You did that? It is the perfect backdrop for all of your Christmas decor. Very lovely!
    Hugs, Cindy

9. Leni says

Looks wonderful,so pretty! I would love to know where you got that desk, whadya say? Will you let me kno? Pretty please with sugar on top? :)

10. Anna says

Wow! You are so creative and talented! I wish I had a 10th of the creativity that you have. I am glad that you did go ahead and do your decorating this year, you inspire me so much! I love your style and that you let it just be “you”. Now, if I can just figure out what my style is!

Comments