Sweet and Sour Meatballs

My family loves Sweet and Sour Meatballs.  They are easy to make and absolutely delish!  I love being able to just dump the ingredients into the slow cooker. These meatballs are a wonderful appetizer, snack after church on Sunday nights or as an entire meal…you simply can’t go wrong with this recipe.

I’ve bought frozen meatballs for this recipe, but after realizing how much they cost (yikes!), I think I’m going to add frozen meatballs to my freezer cooking list.  I’m confident that homemade frozen meatballs are much more frugal than store bought.

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

Photobucket

• Fully Cooked Frozen Meatballs
  • Grape Jelly
  • Chili Sauce

Dump equal parts of jelly and chili sauce into your slow cooker.  Mix well.  Add frozen meatballs and stir gently.  Cook on medium for about four hours or until meatballs are heated through.

Enjoy!

How do you like your meatballs?  Have you made plain meatballs and frozen them?

Linked to:

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest1,050Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter2Share on Google+0Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

We make them almost like this recipe… but in place of the jelly we use cranberry sauce. Sounds strange, but it is so good!

~Jennifer
    Jennifer´s last blog post ..spirit

Okay.
    I keep seein’ all y’all talkin’ about grape jelly and ketchup for meatballs.

I have NEVER been a meatball fan, but, with all of y’all singing the praises of this concoction…. perhaps I need to try it 😉

3. Christina says

We’ve always used the chili sauce/grape jelly mix with cocktail wienies – yum! I’ve never tried it with meatballs – I’m sure it’s fantastic. It’s hard to believe that chili sauce and grape jelly would make such a delicious sauce, but it really does!

Yes homemade are so much better than the store bought frozen! I made a bunch for my Freezer Cooking this past month and they were a huge hit I had a few store bought frozen and had mixed them in with my homemade one night and my guys picked them over and only ate my homemade ones! Going to try this sauce for mine! Thanks so much!
    Jaymie´s last blog post ..Freezer Cooking WrapUp

We love sweet and sour meatballs and yes making the meatballs yourself is a lot cheaper and healthier. Since the sauce is so yummy I often sneak in ground white meat turkey meatballs and no one notices the difference. But when I’m in a rush I use a big bag of frozen Sweedish meatballs from Ikea. They are a great price for how many you get, BUT you have to have a store nearby to get them.
    Katie´s last blog post ..Chinese Slaw

Thanks for the reminder! I would love for you to join me for this week’s edition of What’s On the Menu Wednesday. Mister Linky is up and ready for you.

I am following you from Tasty Tuesday. I love simple recipes that are super yummy. I’ve never had luck making homemade meatballs. I get big bags from Costco and pop them in the oven or crock pot. I will give this one a go next time we have a pot luck for small group Bible study.

Come on over to my blog and check out how my ingredients are growing!
    Amy´s last blog post ..Tasty Tuesday – Vegetable Garden