Homemade Tiered Cupcake Stand

I’m so excited to share this super-creative, frugal idea!  If you want to pack some inexpensive “punch” into your next child’s birthday party, consider making a tiered cupcake stand!

homemade cupcake stand

This tiered cupcake stand was made by my sweet friend April for her baby girl’s 1st birthday party.  Isn’t it awesome?

The best part is that it’s quick and easy to make.

• Find boxes that will stack proportionally and that will leave space around the edges for the cupcakes.
  • Wrap the boxes in coordinating colors for your party or celebration.
  • Decorate the boxes with ribbon and a monogram, if desired.
  • Stack the boxes.  For added stability, use double sided tape between the boxes.
  • Add decorated cupcakes to the super cute tiered cupcake stand!
  • Enjoy watching your guests “Ooooo” and “Ahhhh” over the cuteness! :)

Don’t you love it?  I do.  I can hardly wait to use this idea at Ridley’s next birthday party!

Linked to:

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest2,795Share on Facebook172Tweet about this on Twitter2Share on Google+0Print this pageEmail this to someone

Cute! We’re doing a cupcake theme for Gracie’s 2nd birthday party in May. I will have to save this idea! She did a wonderful job, and her cupcakes look delicious!

It’s funny that you wrote about this today. I was going to share my wedding cake with everyone…I think I might still do so.

This is a really cute version of the cupcake cake. They’re so much fun!!!
    .-= Kristen´s last blog ..WW: I love you Mommy! =-.

I LOVE this idea! I love the look of the tiered cupcake stands but have never bought one because I always wonder where I’ll store it when not in use the other 364 days of the year. This gives a super creative option that I won’t have to store afterwards!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!
    .-= B´s last blog ..Body Image =-.

4. Brandi Claypole says

Oh my goodness!! I’m going to use this idea for a baby shower cake!! This is too cute! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

• Myra says

Fabulous! I would love to see how it works for a baby shower! If you’d like you can share a photo on the My Blessed Life Facebook page! :)

5. Becky Black says

Wow, this is such a simple and great idea! Why didn’t I think of that? I will have to keep this in mind for next time… since there is always a next time for CUPCAKES!

I love everything about this! Not only is the stand really pretty, it can be changed out with the colors of different parties. I love finding crafts that don’t require a purchase of materials that I don’t have. Thank you for this amazing project!
    I shared this on my Friday Favorites on Calico and Cupcakes. Feel free to get a featured button if you want one. Have a blessed Friday and weekend!

7. Jamie says

So cute, easy and frugal!! I wish I’d seen this a month ago before I paid $8 for a cardboard character stand at a party store that’s basically a one-time use!!!! Uggh… Well, I know what to do next time though!!

8. hazaar says

what do you suggest wrapping it with? It looks like you used tissue paper?

I want to put stickers on the outside of my stand, so i may need something more sturdy.