Peppermint Bark Recipe

I love gifting goodies to our family and friends. It’s typically pretty inexpensive and means a lot to give a little something to everyone.  One of my go-to recipes is peppermint bark because it’s so easy!

Peppermint Bark

• 1 1/2 pkgs. white almond bark
  • 24 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 t. vegetable oil
  • 10-12 soft peppermint candies, crushed
  • 2-3 t. peppermint extract (depending on your taste)

Prepare two cookie sheets with wax paper. Stir chocolate chips and oil well. Melt in microwave, stirring often. Spread thinly on wax paper. Reserve any extra chocolate in ziploc bag. Place both cookie sheets in freezer or refrigerator to allow chocolate to harden.

Meanwhile, melt white almond bark in microwave, stirring often. Add 2 t. peppermint extract and stir well. Taste test and add more extract if needed. Using a wire strainer, shake small pieces of crushed peppermints (1/4-1/3 cup) over white chocolate mixture. Stir well.

Remove cookie sheets from freezer and spread white chocolate/peppermint mixture thinly over hardened chocolate. Sprinkle larger pieces of peppermint on top. Press large pieces down gently. Cut a very small corner out of ziploc bag and drizzle chocolate on top of peppermint bark. Allow bark to harden, then break in small pieces.

Enjoy!

More of our favorites that we’re giving away this year:

This post is linked to:

• And…

• Share This Post on Facebook
  • Email this Post
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.

Comments

1. Thanks for the peppermint recipe. I'm going to try it for my kids' Christmas party this weekend!

2. Oh this looks so yummy!! It's definitely a good thing I can't eat it though :)

3. Oh wow this looks amazing, love the peppermint twist!

4. This looks so pretty….and yummy!! What a perfect treat to be on a platter of baked goodies! We will be trying this! Thanks for sharing!

5. Kelli @ RTSM says:

I made this a few years ago and it turned out so yummy! I may have to make it again this year:)

6. Cindy Bultema says:

That peppermint bark looks so yummy!! What a fabulous picture!!
    I'll have to give your recipe a try. Thanks for sharing!! :)

P.S. Love your blog by the way ~ so glad I found it! :)

7. I make one similar and I love it! I am gonna try yours too! It sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing
    :0)
    Summer

8. Ann Marie @ Household6 Diva says:

Those look yummy AND beautiful! Great job on the pictures!

Tell me – how do you crush the peppermints? A rolling pin and a ziploc bag?

9. Hoosier Homemade says:

Yum! That looks so good! Thanks for joining the Cookie Exchange!
    ~Liz

10. Yummmm. Happy Holly Bloggy Christmas Bash !!!

11. An Almost Unschooling Mom says:

So many sweets, so little time. Thanks for the recipes, we haven't made any peanut butter fudge yet this year – maybe we'll give yours a try :)

12. heartnsoulcooking says:

What a YUMMY!!! recipe. THANKS!!!
    Geri

13. I didn't get around to making it for the kids party, but just made it for Christmas…yummy! Thanks for the recipe!

14. This stuff was even better than I imagined it would be! It was a big hit at our family dinners this year!

15. I make a similar recipe, but I use white chocolate chips (the ones made from real cocoa butter) and I crush up hard peppermint candies then sift the small pieces into the white chocolate and stir it in, spread on top of the hardened dark chocolate and top with the larger pieces of peppermint candy. SO good!
    Kim´s last blog post ..Handmade Christmas – Custom Photo Christmas Holiday New Years Card

Join the Conversation!

© 2009–2014 MyBlessedLife.net. All rights reserved.

No content on this site, including text and photos, may be reused in any fashion without written permission.

Site design by New Season Design.

Fabulous Friends Visiting