Mexican Lasagna

At our house, we love all things Mexican — Fajitas, Chimichangas and Quesadillas to name a few. When I was still in high school, my (now) 94-year old Memaw asked me to help her make a Mexican Lasagna. We love this dish! I made two casseroles back on Freezer Cooking Day. I put one in the freezer, and it turned out perfectly!!

I’m not great at following recipes for dishes like this, but I’m going to do my best to tell you how. Just know that you can make it however you want!

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest7,862Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+1Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

1. Lisa@BlessedwithGrace says

This looks great. My friend recently posted that she had made a Mexican lasagna and I really wanted a recipe to that. So, perfect.

2. Ann Marie says

My husband would LOVE this! When I make tacos, I usually make 2 pounds of meat (so we eat one, freeze the second for another meal) and this would be a great way to use it!

Thank you for sharing! :)

3. Stephanie says

I made something similar to this recipe before and my husband loved it! I would like to hear your beans in the crockpot method :)

4. My Heart says

Ooooo….I think I have to add this to my next meal plan, cooking spree. It looks delicious!

Thanks so much for posting. I was very curious when I saw it on your oamc post.

5. Brenda says

I want to try this but would like to know what you consider to be a large carton of cottage cheese? 16oz? They come in 3 sizes in my grocery store :)

6. Susan says

I first made Mexican Lasagne about 25 years ago. MY recipe was all the left over Taco Ingredients from the night before, layered of course with Tortillas. The only thing I left out was the lettuce. My daughter & her friend loved it. I think I’ll try it again soon. Thanks for bringing back great memories. Susan

I just want to say THANK YOU!. I saw this posted the other day and had to try it. It was delicious :) Topped mine off with a little sour cream, green onions, and cilantro!

Comments