Breakfast Casserole

This recipe is a favorite at our house. It’s so delicious! I especially love it because I can use whatever ingredients I have on hand. I don’t always “follow” recipes exactly, but I’m going to do my best to explain how to make this easy breakfast casserole! Keep in mind that you can totally customize this recipe for your family’s preferences.

Ingredients:

• Croutons (plain or cheese and garlic) not Caesar!
  • 7-8 Eggs
  • Milk (about 1/3 cup or so)
  • Salt and Pepper (dashes)
  • Garlic Powder
  • Salsa (1/4 cup)
  • Bacon, sausage or ham, cooked
  • Onion, chopped
  • Bell Pepper, chopped
  • Cheddar Cheese, shredded

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease baking dish. I usually use an 8 x 8 or a round pie plate. Spread one layer of croutons over bottom of baking dish. Mix eggs, milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder just like a scrambled egg mixture. At this point, I like to add a little salsa to give the casserole some zing!

Evenly sprinkle onion, peppers and meat over croutons in baking dish. Slowly pour egg mixture over vegetables and meat. Sprinkle (lots!) of cheddar cheese on top.

Bake for 30-45 minutes until center of casserole is set.

Enjoy!

Linked to:

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest719Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+0Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

1. Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam says

I love breakfast casseroles…I love breakfast for dinner better than dinner for dinner. :) Thanks for sharing at Tasty Tuesday.

2. SayRah says

Sounds awesome, Myra! I'll have to try this sometime! I actually made your coca-cola cake today, I love it!! Thanks for sharing all of your great recipes, they surely don't go to waste in my household! Oh I'm terrible–I feel crazy if I don't follow a recipe. I'm a little ocd when it comes to that lol.
    ((hugs & blessings))
    Sarah*

3. Mary Ann Miller says

Sounds wonderful!!! I wonder if you could interchange hash browns for the crutons for a change? The picture is really yummy looking too!

4. Kelly says

This looks super yummy!!! I'm with you on not measuring everything (at least in cooking…baking is a different story! :)

5. heartnsoulcooking says

I have always made casseroles for dinner and just started making them for breakfast. THANKS!!! for the GREAT!!! recipe.
    Geri

tried this one too for when we were having company over for breakfast! didn’t even do the sample run beforehand — I just knew it would be a blast! And it was! The only thing I might change is to saute the peppers and onions beforehand — I think I like them a little less crunchy, but otherwise my breakfast “cake” was perfect!

Thanks again for such great recipes!
    .-= Ellen´s last blog ..The Spring Fling…. =-.

7. marilyn says

Looks wonderful, I am going to make it for my husband for Sunday! He will love it bacon and salsa, two of his favorites!!!!!

Comments