Both my husband and I grew up loving Poor Man’s Pizza. We didn’t call it that, but I’m naming it right now. Ha! My husband’s family makes Poor Man’s Pizza with slices of bread and my family uses flour tortillas. Either way, it’s delicious, frugal and perfect for lunch or dinner in a pinch!
Poor Man’s Pizza
- Slices of bread or flour tortillas (or both)
- Pasta sauce
- Red onion, chopped
- Bell pepper, chopped
- Dashes of Italian seasoning, Onion powder, Garlic powder
- Parmesan Cheese
- Shredded cheese (mozzarella or cheddar)
1. Place your tortillas or slices of bread on baking sheet.
2. Spread with pasta sauce. Add pepperoni, vegetables, herbs and spices.
3. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake at 400 degrees for 4-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
4. Pure deliciousness!
You can enjoy your “pizza” open-face style…
Roll it up! Kids love it this way!