12 Homemade Cleaners

A year or so ago, I went through our house and got rid of all toxic, un-natural cleaners. It was quite liberating.  Now we use vinegar, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, natural {store-bought} laundry cleaner and Biokleen. Most cleaners can be homemade which is incredibly budget-friendly as well as being healthy for your body…and the environment.

I’ve been researching how to make a different homemade cleaners and I’m really excited to share several that I can’t wait to try!

homemade cleaners

12 Homemade Cleaners

DIY Disinfectant Spray All Purpose Cleaner | Krazy Coupon Lady

Homemade Citrus Cleaner | Let This Mind Be In You

Homemade Granite Cleaner | 320 Sycamore

Homemade Glass Cleaner | Design Sponge

Homemade Floor Cleaner | Nature’s Nurture Blog

Homemade Miracle Cleaner | Modern Day Moms

{Can’t wait to try this!!}

Homemade Jewelry Cleaner | Food.com

Easy Homemade Oven Cleaner | One Good Thing

Homemade Glass Cleaner | The Frugal Girls

Homemade Shower Cleaner | Simple Organized Living

Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner | One Good Thing

Homemade Drain Cleaner | Tidy Mom

Just for fun, here’s a great free laundry guide printable from Organizing Made Fun!

So, I’d love to know. Do you make homemade cleaners at your house? What is your favorite? I can’t wait to learn more for you as I begin making more of our own cleaners.

Sharing at The Frugal Girls!

Don’t miss out – diy projects, recipes, crafts and more, by checking out my subscribe page!

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest46,004Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter16Share on Google+7Print this pageEmail this to someone

I am SO going to try the homemade glass cleaner!! Traditional cleaning products’ fumes tend to bother me, but so many homemade versions of cleaning products don’t work {ones I have tried}. However, I’ve never seen THIS recipe for glass cleaner. It looks like it would actually work because of the dish soap in it.

I have tried vinegar water as an “all purpose” cleaner before, and it was basically like using plain water – took a LOT of elbow grease without the same results as regular cleaner. Homemade Laundry Detergent and our laundry do not get along well – not sure if it’s our water or the make-up of our body oils.

I hope at least some of these are a great success for you. :)
    Miriam´s last blog post ..The Addition – On A {Paint} Roll

2. Jennifer says

Thanks for sharing these. Some of these do still use ingredients with chemicals, (dish detergent Dawn) I was making my own for a while too, but found Melaleuca and haven’t been happier with their products, not to mention the extra time I have because I’m not making products!!

• Myra Hope says

True, Jennifer. I think Dawn is very mild considering. I was once a member of Melaleuca, but couldn’t keep up with ordering the required amount of stuff each month. It got pricey for us.

• Jennifer says

Dawn is pretty mild. I am on a pretty strict budget, and I had no problem switching stores to Melaleuca. We reach our monthly points with just our vitamins though!

3. Angie says

I have tried the shower cleaner, Dawn and Vinegar, and it did great!!! I had tried using other cleaners, some from expensive companies and none cleaned the floor in my all-white shower. I mixed this and just poured it on the floor (didn’t have a spray bottle) then with a little scrubbing all the grime came off! I rinsed and saw a beautiful white floor! Yeah!!! :)

Hey Myra! Thank you so much for linking up to my blog on this post! What a blessing it is to be shared by fellow bloggers!

Liking your FB page so I can keep up with your new posts! 😀

My favorite homemade cleaner that I use the most is my eyeglass cleaner. If you want to clean expensive coated lenses, you just put a little bit of baby wash in distilled water and there you go ! If you are cleaning some cheap readers, you can add a little rubbing alcohol to make it work better. This is much cheaper than paying $40/gallon for store bought eyeglass cleaner.

6. Wes Wilkinson says

Thanks for the interesting information – there’s nothing better than a clean, fresh, neatural house and one of the best ways of achieving this is through your carpets! As well as DIY solutions I also like to recommend oven cleaning birmingham professional companies to people because you can often surprise yourself at the price and how natural their cleaners are. Great post, thanks again.

7. Gail says

I’m looking for a cleaner like the Amish wood cleaner they advertise on TV. I have a great deal of wood to clean and need a lot of it. I want something that is very natural and good for the wood. I have a lot a allergy issues.

These are awesome DIY home cleaners that will help me in cleaning my house easily. The fact that it is around my house and won’t buy anymore, and recycling the orange peel is also a great idea.

Prevent Static Cling Without Dryer Sheets by adding one cup vinegar to each wash load. Now you can give up costly dryer sheets forever.

Best regards! Palmers Green Carpet Cleaners Ltd.

I’ve already tried homemade citrus cleaner and I’m so happy of this. Thank you for all the recipes you share, I can’t wait trying some of them right this weekend!Greets!