Easy Hashbrown Casserole {With NO Cream Soup!}

This easy hashbrown casserole recipe has been a family favorite for a long time.  I posted it here on the blog four years ago, but I’ve modified it a bit since then to avoid using a cream soup.

If you found this recipe helpful, I would love for you to PIN IT for future reference! :)

Do you make hashbrown casserole at your house?

I’m linking up to Tasty Tuesday, Women Living Well, and I’m Lovin’ It!

Don’t miss out – diy projects, recipes, crafts and more, by checking out my subscribe page!

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest2,781Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+34Print this pageEmail this to someone

I do make this recipe as well and like you, I really see no need for a cream soup as it all “holds together” well on its own. I just throw my onions into the mix unsauted so I may try your method next time, I am sure it releases the flavor when onions are sauteed before mixing them in!! I always look forward to reading your posts. Have fun at Haven…

2. Kathy Mader says

The good news is that for recipes that call for canned creamed soups, there are a couple of good organic ones out there now. S0 in a pinch if you don’t have time to make your own, Amy’s has a terrific mushroom soup that is wonderful to mix with ground beef for Shepherd’s Pie. And Pacific Natural Foods has Cream of Celery, Cream of Chicken, etc. I was really happy to see these come on the shelf, even though homemade is best.

I am going to try this recepie I don’t seem to have much luck with breakfast casseroles. I do love the fact that it has no cream soup in it I’m trying to get away from the canned soup. When you make your own hashbrowns how do you get all the water out of the potatoes?

• Myra says

Hey Jessica! I haven’t tried making my own shredded potatoes, but maybe letting them sit on towels for a little bit would help absorb the water? I hope that helps a bit.

4. Maidless Wonder says

I plan on making this tomorrow. How would ground turkey “breakfast” sausage taste in this? We love potatoes around here! Thanks.

I would like to make this recipe for a tern breakfast at our Church. However, there are some people that cannot eat gluten, and I was wondering if the cornflakes were ff or could be replaced with something gf. Thank you!

I have been browsing online greater than 3 hours these days, but
    I never found any attention-grabbing article like yours.
    It’s pretty value enough for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made just right content material as you did, the internet might be a lot more useful than ever before.
    michael obeng reviews´s last blog post ..michael obeng reviews

I made something similar to this the day before yesterday. Instead of milk I used a cup of spaghetti sauce, added ground beef and sauteed onions, mixed with the hash browns and then put in the crock pot. I topped with Monterrey and Parmesan cheese the last 30 min. Put on high for 3-4 hrs.

My son loved it, and the spaghetti sauce was his idea. I initially thought it wouldn’t taste very good, but I was pleasantly surprised.

8. Lauren says

I made this for dinner tonight, and it was delicious! I used greek yogurt in lieu of the sour cream and added a bit of leftover ham. Thanks for the recipe!