Valentine’s Day Vignette {2012}

Hey, hey! I hope y’all had a lovely weekend!  We spent part of it in Franklin, Tennessee {one of our favorite places} at a small conference.  We were inspired and encouraged. Actually, I think my entire mindset was changed, but it’s going to take awhile to process it all.

Anyway, I thought the Valentine’s Day Vignette that I put together on my beloved apple green desk would be a perfect way to start the week.  I never thought that my desk would be so versatile when I painted it, but it is and I adore it!

I used some of the pieces and parts from last year’s Valentine’s Day display, but I threw in a pop of yellow in tulips.  Something about the green, yellow and pink together is just stunning, don’t you think?

I created this Ballard Design’s Knock-off Silhouette Vase with a profile shot of my little man.  It is one of my favorite pieces.  And pink boas make everything a bit softer and more romantic for this time of year. :)  I snagged this one last year at Hobby Lobby for 50% off.

This is what you see when you come to my front door.  It makes me smile…big. 😀

Did you do any Valentine’s Day decorating, baking or planning this weekend?

P.S. In case you missed it last week, check out my Valentine’s Day Mantel!

I’m linking up to Made By You MondayI’m Lovin’ It, Emily’s Valentine Party and Weekend Wrap Up Party!

Don’t miss out – diy projects, recipes, crafts and more, by checking out my subscribe page!

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest723Share on Facebook8Tweet about this on Twitter7Share on Google+4Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

1. April Jo says

I am in love with your blog! I am surrently going thru a lot of my blog subsriptions cause I have too many. Yours is a KEEPER!!! I have a desk similiar to yours that I am hoping to piant when it warms up outside. You give such inspiration!!

Are you in TN? I am and I’m on the TN/GA/AL line. And whats funny…hubby and I are thinking of going to Franklin this weekend!!! And advice????

Wow! Let’s start with the desk – AMAZING! Paint is a miraculous thing. I love the shots of yellow you added to your V-day display. Not the typical red/pink overdose that everyone else is doing. Love it.

BTW – I am a new follower. n

I just happened upon your blog through Pinterest and LOVE that green desk!! I have my grandfather’s old desk (quite similar to yours) and I’m thinking I need to consider green for it!

I know this is about a Valentine’s vignette, but lets talk about that desk. I seriously just painted a piece of furniture and after debating between green and a burnt orange I went with the orange. You are making think I made the wrong choice. LOVE the desk!

i am in love with that desk & THAT color!!!
    and that town is one of my fav places of all time! I moved to Nashville after I graduated college for 2 years and my job, church, & fav shopping were all in Franklin!! and my husband and i had our engagement pictures taken there even after I had moved to SC. HA!! anyhow, it holds a sweet place in my heart. anyhow- great vignette! would love to see it thru all the seasons of the year!

6. Kendra says

I LOVE it all Myra!!! I want a green desk like that!!! (Sad thing is my mom had an antique sewing machine desk I could have had and we basically gave it away free on a garage sale :( Oh well… I would LOVE those shutters, too! I love your style Myra… you and your blog are a blessing to me!

• Kendra says

btw, haven’t started Valentine’s day decor or baking yet. I still have alllll our snowman out and snowy lil’ village collection out. ha! All I’ve done so far is get juice boxes and will make a message “ORANGE you glad we’re friends” for our son’s class for V’tines day :)

Comments