Delicious Slow Cooker Chicken

My mom got me hooked on this fantastically easy slow cooker chicken recipe years ago when I was still at home. The beauty of this recipe is that it can be totally customized with various herbs and spices. You seriously can’t mess it up…and throwing all the ingredients in the slow cooker only takes a few minutes.

{drool}

World’s Easiest Slow Cooker Recipe

• Chicken  {I buy organic whole chickens and chicken breasts. Use whatever you like or have on hand.}
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 2 T. olive oil or butter
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • freshly ground black pepper {I usually just give my grinder a few twists}
  • herbs & spices – garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, McCormick garlic & herb blend etc.

Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.  I’ve done both frozen and thawed chicken…so whichever is fine…as long as you get the insides out of a frozen whole chicken before hand. :)

Add sliced onion, water, salt & pepper, spices, oil or butter.  Turn the slow cooker on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8-10 hours. Cover it up and forget about it for the rest of the day…or until you start smelling the deliciousness wafting through your house!

This slow cooker chicken recipe always, always, always produces the most tender, delicious chicken in the world! :)  Yummo!

How do you normally cook chicken? Boiled, baked in the oven?

I’m linking up to Tasty TuesdayWomen Living Well, I’m Lovin’ It and Just A Girl!

Don’t miss out – diy projects, recipes, crafts and more, by checking out my subscribe page!

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest9,140Share on Facebook171Tweet about this on Twitter6Share on Google+4Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

Love my slow cooker. Easiest way ever to cook! Just made some chicken (for the first time) for tacos a few days ago. Frozen chicken breasts, a little water, garlic powder, onion powder, Mrs. Dash table blend (this is my go-to seasoning for everything). When I started smelling it, I added one chipotle pepper and let it cook a little longer. So yummy. I really like pork roasts in the crock. Either just a can of cream of mushroom or with sauerkraut. Best invention ever, well, after electricity of course!
    Andrea´s last blog post ..Halloween Double Wreath

2. Pam Elkin says

I was looking for a good slow cooker recipe. This sounds wonderful. My family will love it, I am sure!!

Thank you.

3. Linda says

Made this for dinner tonight, and it was delicious. We shredded chicken with a fork, Hubby made burrito with spanish rice and beans, I did the wrap with shredded lettuce and the little ones did taco. Very tender and juicy, definitely on our weekly menu! Thank you!

• Myra Hope says

As many as you want to. Whatever you have will work. I actually like to do a big batch, so I can use leftovers for chicken salad. :)

4. Johnny Cruz says

I normally try and brown my proteins to get a little carmelization before putting them in the crock pot – would it be good to do here too?

5. Kathleen in Seattle says

Thanks for posting such a great recipe! I was searching for something quick to do with frozen chicken for our after church meal. This looks like a winner. I’m going to go get it started right now. Thanks so much!

6. brenda says

For me, baking comes natural, not cooking. So I came across your recipe yesterday. I put frozen chicken breast in the crockpot and followed your recipe. I turned out delish!!! Thank you for posting recipes with ingredients that I already have in my kitchen!

7. Kristen says

Hi, I am so grateful for your recipe! I just put all the ingredients in our crockpot for dinner tonight. Any idea how long it will take? I used 6 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts.

8. Dianna says

Hi:
    I just assembled a whole chicken using thus recipe and additions some old bay. Can’t wait for tomorrow night to try it! This is my first time cooking a whole chicken!

1. […] rice Homemade meatballs with marinara sauce and sauteed veggies (I have sauce in the freezer.) Delicious Slow-Cooker Chicken, baked potatoes, broccoli Sesame chicken stir fry over brown rice Taco chicken baked potatoes with […]

Comments