Homemade Spelt Pancakes

Last week, I shared our favorite easy homemade granola recipe and this week it’s pancakes. I promise that I’m not eating any of this while I’m on my diet. {pinky promise}  My husband and two year old love these pancakes and I adore how easy they are to make!  I use spelt flour because of it’s low gluten level, but you can use whatever flour suits your fancy.

Homemade Spelt Pancakes

• 1 c. spelt flour
  • Dash of sea salt
  • 1 t. ground cinnamon
  • 2 t. baking powder
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 cup milk

Heat a skillet on medium heat. Mix dry ingredients.  Add beaten egg and milk and mix well.  Melt butter in the skillet and then spoon in batter. Flip the pancakes when bubbles pop and cook the other side.

Enjoy with syrup, honey, jelly or jam!

What is your favorite pancake topping?

Linked to: Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest61Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+0Print this pageEmail this to someone

Hey Myra! These look soooo yummy in the picture. I’m curious–do you use whole grain spelt flour or white spelt flour?

My favorite toppings for pancakes are warmed up, grade b maple syrup with lots of butter (sooooooo good!) or homemade apple topping. :)

• Myra says

Hi Mary Jo! :) I’ve used both, but I prefer white spelt. It’s less grainy and easier to work with. Either will do tho. :)

2. Crystal Most says

Mrya, I wanted to share a pancake recipe that you also might be able to eat while on your diet. A bunch of people in my office are dieting and someone came across this pancake recipe that is from the Dunkan diet.(not sure if that is spelled right)
    It calls for:
    1 egg white
    2TBS oat bran
    2 TBS of greek yogart
    1 tsp Splenda

You take a glass bowl and whip the egg white in the bowl until it gets frothy like Meringue, and you slowly add the rest of the ingredients. Then you pour the batter on to a slightly greased skillet and cook on both sides. I have tried one and they are very yummy. You could just eat the pancake with nothing on it. :)

3. cecilia styles says

they look great and with all this great looking food I don’t know how ur diet is going on lol ,I have never heard of spelt flour so where can I get it or is plain or self rising flour ok to use ? thanks for the good food .

• Myra says

Thanks Cecilia for your comment! :) You can use whatever flour that you have on hand. I just use spelt since we are mostly avoiding gluten. I think that plain flour would work just fine. :) Kroger and Publix carry spelt and probably most large chain stores that have a a gluten free section. :)

4. Nina says

Tried them for breakfast this morning and they were really good. Topped them with Bananas Foster though, so that probably totally destroyed anything that was healthy about them lol

5. Lisa M. says

Just made these. SO good! Used white spelt, and followed recipe exactly, but did add a tsp of vanilla. Even my uber picky hubby liked them, and that’s saying a LOT! Thank you!