The County Fair

A couple of weeks ago, my family and I went to the county fair. It was so much fun, but when the sun went down, it got chilly! The most fun was watching my 20 year old brother experience the fair for the first time…poor, deprived child, he was. Ha!

Photobucket

At this point, I was cold, tired and ready to go home.  Ridley, on the other hand, was ready to party…obviously!

Photobucket

Notice anything “wrong” in this photo?

Photobucket

Ernie and Ridley enjoyed a funnel cake.

My husband doesn’t always look this dorky…just sometimes. Ha!

Have you gone to the fair this year in your town?

Linked to:

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest0Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+0Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

Awww I miss going to the fair. I’m from Alaska and we went every year when I was growing up. The fair should be coming to AZ soon but I’m not sure if we’ll make it. If I could just make myself funnel cake and corn fritters I’d probably be ok :)

• Myra says

Thanks girl! I think the fair is a fantastic place for families! Especially on quieter nights when there’s not a huge crowd. Love it! :)

There is something about fairs…I feel like a kid again every time we go to one. There’s nothing like it. :-)

I’ve bought funnel cakes from Gordon Food Service in the past to hopefully save on the $6 funnel cake at the fair, but they werent the same.

Thanks for posting the pictures! They are great!

• Myra says

Totally agree with you Meg! There’s nothing like cotton candy, the rides, the smiles, laughter and funnel cakes! :) Thanks for your comment!

3. Ernie says

Ahhh, that was fun. Bubba and I were playing the “Raise your arms high and wait to see if Da-Da can tickle you before you put them down” game. :)

4. a bit of design says

The York Fair is America’s first fair. It is huge! To me, it does not have the same feeling as the fair that you went to. Neither my husband or I like huge crowds. So, we avoid the west side of York during fair week.

• Myra says

Definitely…our fair is very small compared to most. I like the size. It’s comfortable and safe. No big crowds. :) Thanks for your comment!!

I haven’t been to the fair in years (and our State fair just ended this past weekend!). I’ve also never been with my husband to a fair (!). We’ll definitely have to go next year.
    Great pics! So glad ya’ll had a great time :)

• Myra says

Aww, Sarah, I totally know what you mean. I went a couple times to the fair as a child, but then not until last year did I go as an adult. So many fun memories. I’ve decided that next year I’m riding the farris wheel with my husband. :)

6. Angie says

I’m Canadian and we have fairs too, but we have gone across the border to the Lynden County Fair in Washington State…wow, really big and my kids loved it! They have it mid-August and we plan on going next year again!

Comments