Autumn Spice Granola

I grew up eating my mom’s granola for breakfast. Mom is an amazing granola connoisseur! My husband loves eating granola for breakfast, lunch, supper, midnight snack or whenever (ha!) and he’s been asking for me to make a fresh batch.

So, I put my love for this Autumn season to work and came up with a wonderful Autumn Spice variation to my mom’s tried and true granola recipe.

granola

Do you make homemade granola for your family?

Don’t miss out – diy projects, recipes, crafts and more, by checking out my subscribe page!

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest797Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+0Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

This looks wonderful! is is possible to leave out the nuts? Have you ever tried it that way? My children will eat granola, but only without nuts and so many recipies have them in it. This would be a perfect use for my frozen pumpkin puree.

• Myra says

Bekki, yes, you could totally leave out the nuts. You might need to add extra oats to make up for leaving nuts out, but I’m sure it will work. :)

2. Joyce Comfort says

I love homemade granola! Make it often, but generally mine has some peanut butter in it! I am anxious to try your autumn version. Sounds delish! Thanks for sharing.

• Joyce Comfort says

To a granola recipe with about 7 cups of dry ingredients, simply heat your wet ingredients (1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup brown sugar or brown sugar splenda, 1/4 cup oil, 1-2 tsp vanilla or almond flavoring) and add 1 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy. When the peanut butter and sugar is melted and ingredients are smooth, stir into mixed dry ingredients and bake as usual!

What a wonderful recipe! I found it about 3pm today and it is cooling right now on my stove!! cannot wait to dig into it with some yogurt for breakfast!! How did you know I love homemade granola and pumpkin anything? To combine the two is a dream! Thanks for sharing!!

4. christine says

Just ran out of my homemade “regular” granola this week, and made a batch of pumpkin granola to use up the rest of my canned pumpkin from making pancakes last weekend. Fall must be in the air :)

5. Sue says

It’s in the oven now!! I’ve used your “mom’s granola recipe” since December and haven’t used store bought since! Can’t wait to sample this pumpkin/apple flavored granola!!! Thanks so much!

6. Bernette Todd says

thank you for sharing this recipe, I always make my own granola, but nice to have a variation other than what I can think of on the hoof when I am running late.

7. Marybel says

Very disappointed at the granola. I saw the reviews and everyone loved the smell, but no one commented on the taste… Perhaps because this granola uses applesauce instead of oil. This makes the granola very chewy and does not allow the oats to crisp like normal granola. I found the cinnamon overpowering everything else and the texture off-putting.

• Myra Hope says

Wow, Marybel. I’m sorry you didn’t like it. I suspect it didn’t bake long enough. To get extra crispy granola, it’s best to let it bake in two 9×13 dishes or on baking sheets. And it needs to cool completely spread out.

Comments