Pumpkin Crunch Cake

As soon as I saw this recipe for Pumpkin Crunch Cake in a church cookbook, I knew I had to try it. I’m so pleased with how it turned out {my husband’s palate was even more impressed!} and with how easy it is to make! Wow. Now, I never said that this cake was healthy because, like any good dessert recipe, it contains a lot of sugar and butter…

pumpkin crunch cake

What is your favorite pumpkin recipe?

Linked to: Tempt My Tummy TuesdayTasty Tuesday

Don’t miss out – diy projects, recipes, crafts and more, by checking out my subscribe page!

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest12,517Share on Facebook907Tweet about this on Twitter21Share on Google+11Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

Oh my word. That sounds divine!

We’re apparently having a canned pumpkin shortage – boo hoo! I use canned pumpkin in different baked goods all of the time!

So I just bought three pie pumpkins…and one of those will definitely go towards making this little goodie! Thanks for posting the recipe!

-Lauren

2. Ernie says

This stuff is AMAZING! Myra had it in the kitchen Saturday night for a Sunday afternoon fellowship meal. I come in from the Saturday evening men’s prayer meeting and think “Huh, I’ll try a small bite.” Wrong. Insert–LARGE PIECE.

Immediately printed that – mouth watered and I can’t wait to cook that – hmmmm maybe tonight!

I love pumpkin bread and I love pumpkin roll. Pumpkin roll is a staple during the holidays. I make them in my largest baking sheets and cut them in smaller rolls and wrap them up for gifting during the holidays. My brother and sister go straight to the fridge after Thanksgiving dinner and check to see if their rolls are safe! Excited for fall and pumpkin.

This looks so good. Other than straight up pumpkin pie, I have an outrageously delicious choco/pumpkin swirl brownie that just rocks my world. So good! I’m definitely going to make these. They look wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa

Fabulous! After I make some homemade whipped topping, I’ll have everything I need to make this. My husband loves pumpkin desserts. I have made somthing similar to this in the past. My husband and son named it “Pumpkin Crunchy Stuff.” Ha!

Thanks for the recipe! :)

6. D March says

I made this tonight. Excellent. I used a Betty Crocker gluten free yellow cake mix and decreased the butter to half a cup. I found I was out of pecans so I just tossed on sliced almonds. Worked just fine.

i have to admit i was skeptical when it came to the cake mix being sprinkled over the pumpkin batter – but this cake was THE BEST!! i took it into work and it was gone in no time flat! we are huge pumpkin fans here and i know i’ll be making this again and again. thanks for posting the recipe!

8. Mark says

I live in the south. We call this Pumpkin Pie Cake. Classic southern recipe. Just wanted to let you know. BTW I always sub evaporated milk for heavy cream and pecans for caramelized pecans.

I tried this recipe a few weeks ago and my family loved it! Will be making it again for Thanksgiving instead of the usual pumpkin pie. It is one of our new favorite recipes, yummy and so easy to make!

10. Deanna says

You can omit the sugar and replace the evaporated milk with sweetened condensed milk…tastes the same! I also use pumpkin pie spice instead of just plain cinnamon.

11. AlisonC says

Anyone ever try subbing the milk and sugar in this recipe for something like heavy coconut milk and xylitol or stevia? Just curious, I might try it…

12. E Mancuso says

Had this at a friends place. One change was made, instead of cinnamon, she used 2 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice. It was scrumptious. Thought someone who can’t have cinnamon could use this tip.

13. Annie Garza says

Planning to make this for Sunday school tomorrow. However, can I make this tonight & reheat? Or should I just wait until morning to make it altogether? Thanks!

Comments