Friday Fails – Schedules and Insurance

Photobucket

In thinking about what “fails” to share this week (yes, I commit so many that I have to choose!), I’ve come to an earth shattering conclusion.

Want to know what it is?

I’ve been flying by the seat of my pants and I must get back to using my day planner.

• Schedule – Because of my lack of using  a day planner as of late, I received a phone call on Monday that gave me exactly twenty-four hours to prepare for my dentist to drill into one of my teeth. Not-so-fun! Thankfully I didn’t freak out like I thought I was going to.  Dental work has never bothered me before, but this time it almost got me. #mustusedayplanner
  • Insurance – Recently we’ve been surprised to find that both our homeowner’s insurance and our car insurance had expired and been canceled.  It wasn’t our fault because both insurance companies dropped the ball and didn’t notify us.  Ugh. I’m so glad that the house didn’t catch on fire and that I didn’t have an accident since I had no home or car insurance for two weeks!!
  • Toilet Paper – Ahem.  I repeatedly forgot (because I failed to write it down) that we needed more toilet paper until it was almost gone.   Seriously folks, we were down to using one precious square at a time.  I almost had to go hunting for some newspaper. {blush}

Do you have any suggestions to help forgetfulness? I think I’m getting early Alzheimers or something!

**************************************************************************

Do you have a “fail” to share? Link ’em up here! If you don’t have a blog, just leave a comment. Please follow the rules!   I can’t wait to read your fails! Try to spread the love and comment on the other “fails” posts!

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest0Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+0Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

So glad that I’m not the only one who is forgetful! Doctor/dentist appts are the worst—especially when you make them months in advance. I never remember to write them down on the calendar! Ooops!

You mean to tell me that other people actually plan ahead and have extra toilet paper around the house??? Not so much around here. My girls seem to use it for various crafting projects and we are always on our last square.

I hope you have a great weekend,
    Stacey

3. Ricarda says

Advice on the homeowner’s and car insurance — set up an AutoPay. Your monthly premiums will always be paid on time and it won’t get cancelled. :)

That’s so funny–I had a couple of similar fails this week. We actually ran COMPLETELY OUT of toilet paper before I bought some. And, our car insurance almost got canceled because I thought it was coming out on automatic draft, but it wasn’t…so we hadn’t paid it for almost 3 months.
    .-= Mary Jo´s last blog ..Surviving the First Trimester: Simplify =-.

Okay, this is so funny because just this morning I was thinking about how desperately I need to go to the store for toilet paper. And even though I’ve known we were running out for a few days I somehow always forget to actually buy it! lol
    .-= Tyra´s last blog ..Just a Few Thoughts =-.

I am the Queen of Forgetfulness! Last month we got cancellation notices for both our health insurance and our car insurance, both because I forgot to pay the bills! WHOOPS! We didn’t get cancelled but it was close. Within a few days close. SO many other things. We have shown up for events a week early, or a week late. I can’t even tell you all of them. It’s bad. Maybe I should get myself a dayplanner?
    .-= Dawn@ 5 Kids and a Dog´s last blog ..A Little Soy With That? =-.

Comments