My heart is so burdened for the people of Haiti. The pictures, the news, the stories, the reports, the devastation, the lack of food and water, the dead, the orphaned: this all weighs so heavily on my heart.
We are blessed and we have SO much to be thankful for, yet we are often grumpy in our attitudes, actions, words and countenances. Too often, it seems that we are a selfish bunch of folks!
As I prayed today for the Haitian people, I wondered what our little family could do to help. Not long after that Crystal tweeted that she had an idea, a plan, for helping Haiti! Don’t you just love it when God drops opportunities in your lap? Crystal has organized a Help for Haiti Drive! She and her husband have committed to give $10 per link left on her blog post! Wow!
The gruesome truth: 50,000 Haitian people are dead, 3 million injured, thousands being buried in mass graves – life there must be literally a nightmare that is reality.
We must help!
“She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.”Proverbs 31:20
Here’s our plan: Prince Charming and I are committed to donate 1.00 per (Help for Haiti post) link or comment left on this post between now and January 21st – up to $100.00! We are planning to donate to Compassion International.
How can you participate? Blog about how you have/are giving to help in Haiti (get creative!), then come back and link up your post permalink here, at Money Saving Mom and at other participating blogs! If you need extra inspiration, visit the other participating blogs to see how others are giving!
If you are unable to blog and leave a link, here are some ways you can help:
- Pray, pray, pray for Haiti – there are more needs than I can even imagine, but thankfully God knows all of them!
- Leave a comment on this post saying what you are doing to help!
- Stay up-to-date on news, needs and giving opportunities at Hope for Haiti, Samaritan’s Purse, World Relief and Compassion.
- Spread the word using social media – Twitter and Facebook to raise awareness about Help For Haiti! On Twitter use the hashtag #help4haiti
- Consider giving to a reputable organization: Mission boards, specific missionaries, Compassion International, Haitian hospitals, Numana, etc.
Now, let’s band together and watch God do an awesome thing as we help and bless the destroyed country of Haiti! Are you with me?
You can also