Praline Pumpkin Cake

Am I the only one who has about had it with the summer heat and humidity? I love. love. love Fall and I’m so ready for it this year! I love the decorations, family celebrations, parties, Thanksgiving and all the yummy food. This Praline Pumpkin Cake is so easy, oh-so-wonderfully good and just in time for Fall!

Praline Pumpkin Cake

1/2 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. whipping cream
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
3/4 c. chopped pecans
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1/2 c. water
1/3 c. oil
4 eggs
1 1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice
1 tub cream cheese frosting
Caramel topping
Pecans for garnish

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In saucepan, stir together butter, whipping cream and brown sugar and cook over low heat, stirring often just until butter is melted. Pour into two cake pans. Sprinkle each with pecans.

Beat together cake mix, pumpkin, water, oil, eggs and 1 t. of pumpkin pie spice just until moistened. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Spoon cake batter over pecan mixture in each pan.

Bake 45 minutes or until cake springs back. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pans to cooling racks and cool completely

Stir the remaining pumpkin pie spice into frosting. Place one layer, praline side up, on serving plate. Spread with half of frosting. Top with second layer, praline side up. Spread with remaining frosting. Drizzle with caramel topping and additional pecans. Store cake in refrigerator.

Enjoy!

*Note: Adapted from Betty Crocker recipe.

What’s your favorite Pumpkin dessert?

Don’t miss out – diy projects, recipes, crafts and more, by checking out my subscribe page!

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest152Share on Facebook32Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+0Print this pageEmail this to someone

Comments

1. Kelly says

This looks so yummy! I'm definitely going to have to make it sometime.

I'm with you on being ready for fall! Can't wait!

2. fivemonkiesreview says

I will definitely be including this in my Thanksgiving dinner. It combines the best things aboutThanksgiving and Christmas in one cake…Pumpkin pie and Pecan pie!

3. Little Ladybugs says

I can not wait till it cools off so I can try this one out. Also wanted to thank you for being a sponsor. I am now a follower!!!!
    ~Kels

4. Mary Ann Miller says

We raised a nice crop of pumpkins this year so I have plenty of pumkin to try the Pumpkin Praline Cake recipe!! Looks yummy!!

5. Sarah says

I am so with you! I love Autumn so much, and I just got done canning some pumpkin which has me really excited…Yes, this humidity needs to go! Summer is over let fall begin! I just moved to Indiana from the upper peninsula of Michigan So I am really not used to this kind of heat…But anyway just wanted to say that I really love your blog here and enjoy reading it!

Peace

6. Pam from Denver says

I am wondering if this could be a bundt cake? I have a beautiful heavy pan that I just love, and I really want to try this recipe. My family loves all things pumpkin!

7. Desi* says

I just made this, thanks for the recipe by the way!!! I can’t wait to see what my family thinks of it later for dessert!!!

Comments