Wow. What a week! I’ve been to two doctors, made two ER visits and had no less than five different antibiotics. I have a horrible, HORRIBLE skin infection on my lower right leg. Hopefully something will kick in and it will get better.
I recently wrote about fear and how it is so controlling. In the same spirit of fighting fear (obviously God is hammering me on this), I need to think about all the wonderful things I’m thankful for.
- I’m thankful to be at home on the sofa instead of in the hospital.
- I’m thankful for life.
- I’m thankful that my leg hasn’t been amputated so far.
- I’m thankful that even though I have hives (allergic reaction) that I got a steroid shot to help with the itching.
- I’m thankful for my amazing husband.
- I’m thankful for our sweet little man.
- I’m thankful for the AMAZING community of friends I have online and off. I’ve truly felt loved and covered in prayer today.
- I’m thankful that I can breathe and that I didn’t die of my throat swelling shut.
- I’m thankful that God has given me loads of brave grace today.
- I’m thankful that my times are in God’s hands and that I’m immortal until my work is done.
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
What are you thankful for today?