This morning I woke up thinking about the amazing person that my mother is. With Mother’s Day approaching…(my first one with Ridley in my arms) I decided to write about my mom. She is honestly the most incredible person that I have known and who has influenced my life…besides my Dad, of course!
- gave birth to me…her firstborn. I told her a couple days after I had Ridley that I appreciated her SO much more after giving birth! Wow!
- had a profession of faith from a young age, but after I was born, she was truly saved. My dad likes to say that she is his second wife! ha!
- included me in her daily chores from the earliest age….I don’t know how she had the patience to do this.
- always spent time with God every day. I remember she and Dad praying in the early morning hours before they got up…they still do this!
- would often go out to the barn early to milk the goats…she still does this too!
- makes the MOST incredible breakfasts!
- started off our school days with Bible Time. I think that this played a pivital role in my life.
- taught me from preschool through highschool.
- instilled in me a huge respect for my Dad…by respecting him herself.
- taught me how to run a household…cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping etc
- taught me how to drive! Boy, was she brave!!
- never made fast decisions, but she and my Dad were/are SO stable!
- helped with tea parties for my sister, cousins and me when we were little!
- is incredible with the sewing machine…she taught me to sew!
- knew when to let go and let me fly. She supported me as I grew older and made my own decisions.
- became very good friends with my husband…before he was my husband!
- has always been great to bounce ideas off of.
- did amazingly well at my wedding!
- was there when Ridley was born.
- is a fantastic babysitter!
- is incredibly smart!
- should right a book, but she says she doesn’t have any advice to give except that all she has done is “by the grace of God.”
- has an amazing intuition…
- encourages me through hard times.
We are very good friends now. I’m blessed!
Happy Early Mother’s Day to all you mothers!! And a very happy FIRST Mother’s Day to my precious sister who is expecting her first child!
For more Gratituesday posts, click here!