23 Mason Jar Ideas

Good morning! I’m really excited about this post of Mason Jar Ideas. I adore mason jars and use them all the time in my home decor and organization. I’ve collected several aqua blue vintage Ball jars {pint and quart size}. Whenever I go to a yard sale or estate sale, I’m always on the lookout for mason jars.

I scoured the web for some of the best Mason Jar Ideas to share with y’all. I hope these ideas inspire you as much as they have inspired me. :)

Painted Mason Jars

Spray paint is a beautiful thing, no? These painted mason jar ideas include both spray painted versions as well as a tutorial on how to create your own vintage aqua jars from clear jars.

1. DIY Aqua Painted Mason Jar via DecorChick!
2. DIY Yarn Wrapped Painted Jars via The Forge Style
3. DIY Aqua Mason Jars via Tatertots and Jello
4. Polka Dot Painted Jars via Boulevard Pinki

Decorated Mason Jars

I love decorating mason jars with burlap, twine, paper and more. These ideas will definitely inspire!

5. Chalkboard Labeled Mason Jars via A Beautiful Mess
6. DIY Doily Mason Jar Vases via Linen, Lace and Love
7. Paper Wrapped Jar via Emmaline Bride

Mason Jar Gardens

Someday, I would love to have a mason jar herb garden. I think they are visually appealing as well as quite a space saver!

8. Mason Jar Wall Planter via Not Just A Housewife
9. Mason Jar Herb Garden via Camille Styles

Mason Jar Candles

Candles in mason jars are prepping me for Fall. Who can’t wait besides me? :)

10. Candle And Candy Corn Jars via Country Living
11. Epsom Salt Covered Jars via Crafts By Amanda
12. Acorn and Candle Mason Jar via Pottery Barn

13. Jingle Bell Mason Jar via The Inspired Room
14. Hanging Mason Jar Garden Lights via The Country Barrel

Mason Jar Centerpieces

I use mason jars all the time for table centerpieces, reception tables, event decor and more. They are so versatile and go with many various styles and themes.

15. Bouquet Mason Jars with Name Tags via Merriment Design
16. Wildflower Filled Mason Jar via My Blessed Life
17. Mason Jar Vignette via It’s Overflowing

Mason Jar Organization

I have a lot of my craft supplies organized in mason jars. Ribbons, clothespins, bottle caps and more look lovely in jars.

18. Mason Jar Dispenser via Country Living
19. Bathroom Storage Jar via Clean And Scentsible
20. Spice Jars via A Pretty Life In The Suburbs

Mason Jar Accessories

Accessories made with mason jars are fabulous. Besides the photos below, I’ve seen gorgeous mason jar light fixtures and hanging lanterns. So fun!

21. DIY Apothecary Mason Jars via A Diamond In The Stuff
22. Collection Filled Mason Jar via My Blessed Life
23. Mason Jar Lamp via Redberry Barn

So, I would love to hear … Do you have Mason Jars at your house? Do you decorate with them?

Sharing this post at : Tip JunkieWomen Living WellChic and Crafty, Weekend Wrap Up Party!

Don’t miss out – diy projects, recipes, crafts and more, by checking out my subscribe page!

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest22,228Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter32Share on Google+25Print this pageEmail this to someone

1. June Verloop says

I love mason jars! We drink from them, decorate with them, store food in them, use them for outdoor lighting – anything I can think of! I check out garage sales and thrift stores every time I have a chance!

I totally love mason jars too! We love drinking out of them, using them for storage, and gifts! This weekend I made a sewing kit using a ball jar for storage of the sewing supplies and the top as a pin cushion. Using burlap of course!
    Your post comes at perfect time because I was just thinking about making a soap dispenser for my kitchen, now I have the go to tutorial! Thanks Myra!
    Tabitha´s last blog post ..On the Menu for August 13, 2012

3. Deb says

I bought a mason jar soap dispenser once from Gooseberry Patch, but it really didn’t last as the top rusted and got rust all over the counter and in the soap and every time I twisted off the top to refill it, rust went every where, so my advice would be to get rustproof lids if you make that…………if they are available………

4. Jen says

Aqua mason jars are my obsession! I have 10 of them, various sizes and shades of aqua mixed in with the decor above my kitchen cabinets. I love them empty, although a few without lids do serve as vases. The clear jars are our drinking glasses, both large and small!

There is nothing better to decorate with, in my personal and unprofessional opinion, than mason jars! :)

Love the wall planter, candle holder and have seen the soap dispencer- really want to do that! We use mason jars for our cups to drink out of. :) Thanks for the inspriation and compiling these ideas for us!

Great round-up of ideas! I absolutely love mason jars. I grew up in the town where Ball jars were originally made, and my grandpa used to work in the glass factory there. So they have sentimental value for me as well as just being awesome in general! :)

7. Aninda Trimarsa says

Wow! i accidentally found your blog and it’s really inspiring. Please keep writing and i really like your blog. Thanks :)

8. Rose says

After seeing your fun stuff, I put my dishwasher soap packets in one with a lid to store on counter rather than have to bend over all the time to get them out from under the sink. The orange packets look r ally cute in them.