Estate Sale Vintage Treasures!

On Saturday, I hit an estate sale with Ridley in tow and we found a few vintage treasures!  I love estate sales.  There’s just something intriguing about going through someone else’s stuff in their house.  I often think that if the walls {or household items} could talk what stories they would tell.

I scored a vintage yarn basket for $3!  Yes, it was full of dead brown recluse spiders, but at least they were dead, right?  Ha!

I washed the fabric {don’t you love the ticking?!} and now it’s as good as new.

I’m planning on using this to store magazines or toys…or maybe even toilet paper in the bathroom. :)

Old Sewing Measuring Tape – 0.50

I’m so in love with these clothespins {0.50} that were apparently made in Germany many years ago.  I’m brainstorming about a fun Fall craft that I can make and share with you soon. :)

For only $4, I found some fabulous things that I’ll be decorating and crafting with!

Have you found any yard sale – thrift shop – estate sale treasures recently?

I’m linking up to I’m Lovin’ It and Weekend Wrap Up Party!

Don’t miss out – diy projects, recipes, crafts and more, by checking out my subscribe page!

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest0Share on Facebook8Tweet about this on Twitter10Share on Google+0Print this pageEmail this to someone

Love the ticking and those clothes pins… Yes, they are vintage and probably German. My grandmother made dolls using clothes pins just like these. We played with them for hours and when she passed away, my grandmother left the dolls for my mom. Sweet memories. I can not wait to see what you do with them.
    Sonja´s last blog post ..Down Time

Oh wow Myra, no wonder you are so excited. What great finds, and for only $4.00, totally awesome. That basket, and tape is so pretty, and those vintage clothes pins, very cool.

I love estate sales, yard sale -ing, and pretty much anything that has to do with going through peoples old stuff, lol.

Have a wonderful night my friend.

Stop by anytime to say hello!!!
    Hugs, Bella :)
    **AMAZE ME AUGUST** @ Bella Before and After Any projects, recipes, diy welcome.
    **PARTY PLANNING TUESDAYS** @ Euro Style Cakes. All your party planning tips, decorations, invitations, and recipes welcome at my NEW party.
    Bella´s last blog post ..Amaze me August #47 ~ How to make FONDANT baby converse ~

Love the ticking too! Great finds. There’s an auction coming up near my house and it’s probably the same as your estate sales–people getting rid of their junk–and I’m all over that!
    Kat´s last blog post ..A Sneak Peek & a Feature

4. Janet says

I just went to an estate sale yesterday and got two boxes of old necklaces, earrings, clip-on earrings, and shoe clips for $5. Last night I weeded through the items to keep and posted the items I didn’t want on Freecylcle (no takers yet). I washed the necklaces and clip-on earrings so my daughter could play with them and when she’s done I plan on seperating the beads and do something “crafty” with them. I love estate sales too but I find better bargains at yard sales.

5. Elaine says

I went to an estate sale and got a podium from a church that was over 100 years old!!I am using as a tv table…. It is really cool!!! Then I got some cast iron chicken door stops, chicken plates, rooster scentsy burner( which my son broke) chicken curtains, it was an great find!!!

Love all of it. I am envy to you and all those who have such an opportunity. In our country we don’t have any yard sale, Sometimes I have luck to find something on the street (before the garbage trucks arrive) 
    Katie´s last blog post ..קבלה לעם