Baby Shower {Vintage Pink Lemonade Theme}

One of my favorite things to do {besides decorating my own house and the homes of my clients} is to decorate for events. I love to plan the menu, the decorations, the invitations – yeah, the whole bit.  I’ve organized and decorated for numerous graduation receptions, wedding receptions, recital and anniversary receptions, baby showers and birthday parties.  Fun times! :)

This past Saturday, our church’s ladies group hosted a baby shower for a sweet momma who is getting close to having her first baby. Let me just say that this baby girl is a precious answer to prayer!  I decided on a pink lemonade {pink & yellow} theme which was just a darling color combination.

I used a barn door that I found at an estate sale for $5 to anchor the table decor.  You can also see my 7up boxes and aqua Ball jars.  :)  I added textured softness to the tablescape with a little bit of burlap covered with sparkly pink organza.

My sweet sister made the cupcakes – white cupcakes with pink frosting and lemon cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Yum!

Flowers in birdcage.  That’s realistic, right??? {snort}

Who cares about realistic!? It was pretty!

Cute cupcakes!

Veggie Cups with Ranch Dressing

Cucumber Dill Open Sandwiches

Cranberry Chicken Salad – On Croissants or With Crackers

Caprese Bites

Fruit & Cheese Cubes

Water with lemon slices and mint leaves. Pretty!!

We had a hair clip station set up for guests to make accessories for the baby.

During one of my brainstorms, I got the idea to create a “guest book” photo frame.  I’ve seen them used at weddings, but baby showers rarely have guest books. This is a fun, cute way for the momma to remember who was there and for the baby to see how much she is loved already! I bought the frame and mat at Hobby Lobby and then I cut scrapbook paper to cover the mat.

You can see a bit more of the barn door in this photo. It’s running diagonally on the table {I had two 8 foot tables pushed together.}  I made tissue paper pom poms using this tutorial and I made some hanging doily thing-a-ma-bobs. I’ll show the how-to on those soon!  Promise!

*Quick Pom Poms Tip: I cut 4 inches off the width of my tissue paper layers because the first two pom poms turned out butterfly-ish rather than sphere-ish.  Not exactly the look I wanted. Ha! I used the 4 inches I cut off to make the small pom poms you can see hanging in the pictures. :)

This photo is one of my favorites from the baby shower.  Don’t you just want some refreshing pink lemonade? Ahhhh!

You can find a bunch of baby shower ideas on my Baby Shower Pinterest board!

At the last reception I decorated, I put a chair on top of the table, and this one had the barn door. I wonder what other crazy ideas will pop into my brain next! Ha!

I’m linking up to Made By You MondayGet Your Craft On,I’m Lovin’ ItChic & Crafty and Weekend Wrap Up Party!

Don’t miss out – check out my subscribe page and connect with me!

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest12,067Share on Facebook46Tweet about this on Twitter11Share on Google+0Print this pageEmail this to someone

How creative and beautiful. Makes me want another baby girl just so I can have a shower like this! Seriously, how cute is that barrette station!

2. DeAnna says

This is amazing! Wonderfully done! I hope someone I know has a baby just so I can duplicate your ideas! I especially love the hair clip station.

3. Jennifer says

I love that hair clip station – what a fab idea! Could you possibly share more details about that (i.e. how you had guest make them – fabric glue, hot glue gun, etc?)

p.s. I recently discovered your blog and love it! I am getting so inspired! :)

I just loved the theme and colors of the baby shower! Your decorations and food were simply beautiful!! Those veggie cups were an awesome idea…I would have never thought of doing that :)

I recently made tissue poms for my sister’s bridal shower. I did the same thing by making some little ones!!
    Katie´s last blog post ..Aloha Burger

5. Christy says

What a beautiful baby shower! The bow/barrette station is brilliant! I think I’ll make the tissue paper pom poms for my daughter’s upcoming birthday party.

6. Casey says

Oh, this gives me ideas for my daughter’s 7th brithday! I love the colors, and she LOVES the pink lemonade and water, she said it was beautiful! I am guessing she will be requesting these for her birthday! But, she wants a teaparty (without tea, since she doesn’t like it), so I will have to work this out in my head first. So excited!

Absolutely love the station for making hair clips for the baby girl. LOOVE it, I will be keeping it in my arsenal of baby ideas.

8. Hannah says

Thanks for all the creative ideas! I am doing a Pink Lemonade theme shower for my sister in two weeks. I’ll be stealing um.. I mean borrowing some of your thoughts here. I have a sweet friend who says her idea of creativity is borrowing ideas and then forgetting where she got them. I think my creativity is the same!

9. Robyn says

HI!!! I am TOTALLY copying EVERYTHING…absolutely stunning…can you tell me more about the clip station…Hot glue gun??? I REALLY want to do this!!! amazing job!!!

• Myra says

Hi Daniella! Actually I think the pink lemonade was from a bottle. (blush) It was yummy though and I just added lemon slices. :)