Friday Fails – Kitchen Disasters

Photobucket

You are NOT allowed to laugh at me! Promise? Umkay.

This week I’ve had two messy fails in the kitchen. I think I’m the world’s worst klutz all the time especially this week!  Ha!

I was fixing supper on Monday night and pulled something (I don’t remember what it was) out of the refrigerator and somehow the salsa jar tipped over.  The lid was on, but obviously it wasn’t on very well!  What a mess!

Photobucket

Just overlook the rest of the refrigerator, okay?! {blush}

On Tuesday morning, I decided to make oatmeal for Ridley.  My unexperienced-oatmeal-making-self apparently set the microwave on way-too-long!  Just imagine my shock when I opened the door!!!

Ernie laughed at me laughing.  He didn’t think it could possibly be that bad.  When he saw this fail….he rolled his eyes and laughed too.  This is called “boiled over oatmeal.”  Gourmet to be sure. Ha!

Photobucket

I’m so thankful that I had napkins on the turntable.  It made cleaning up this fail quite easy!

**************************************************************************

Do you have a “fail” to share? Link ‘em up here! Remember to link to your post (permalink) and be sure to leave a link back to My Blessed Life! Thanks!! I can’t wait to read about your fails! Also, spread the love and visit the other “fails” posts!

  • Share This Post:
  • Share This Post on Facebook
  • Email this Post
  • Share this Post on Twitter
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.

Comments

  1. Hahaha, I’m sorry, but I’m totally cracking up! You just made my night!! :)
    .-= Kelly´s last blog ..Food Fails =-.

  2. First of all, I am totally laughing my booty off at you! {grin}

    Second, I had no idea that oatmeal was even capable of exploding like that! Don’t tell my kids, or they will want to try it. :)
    .-= Alyssa @ Keeping the Kingdom First´s last blog ..Frugal Laundry Tips =-.

  3. That oatmeal has to be one of the grossest thing I’ve ever seen. It looks more like a science experiment, :).
    .-= Florence´s last blog ..I Need A New Coupon Organizer =-.

  4. I burnt hard boiled eggs this week – all 6 of them. forgot I was boiling them – kept hearing a pop pop…. thought the dog was playing with something – smelled smoke – the popping was the eggs attaching themselves to the ceiling… geez – what a mess!

    Love to you
    Kelly
    .-= Kelly Lininger´s last blog ..Why Does Temptation Look So Good? =-.

    • Wow. You totally made me laugh. The mental image is just too funny! ;) When I was an early teen, I made broccoli cheese soup and as I carried it to the table the huge pot slipped out of my hand and broccoli cheese soup went EVERYWHERE! Even on the ceiling!! What a mess that was!

  5. I now stand in front of the microwave when making oatmeal. Didn’t know how exciting microwaving could be until oatmeal!
    .-= FrugalFriend´s last blog ..Super Shopping 2.17.10 =-.

  6. Oh this is too real. I’ve had this happen to me over and over. You think I’d learn already. Thanks for a good laugh to start my morning.
    .-= Kristen´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday:Double Blessings =-.

  7. I had this happen with oatmeal SO MANY TIMES that I GAVE UP making it in the microwave. Seriously — GAVE UP! I make it on the stove top now. It’s less quick but ensures that I don’t walk away leaving the explosion to clean up later — is that not a sticky, gooey mess?
    .-= April Driggers´s last blog ..Friday Fill-Ins =-.

  8. I wanted to use a large can to make a 3D cake of a tank train last year. The can had crushed tomatoes in it. I decided that we’d eat them for dinner and as I was pouring them into the pan, the can slipped out of my hand! Wow – science was about splash patterns that day! Of course, I had just opened the dishwasher – all clean! Not anymore! I had to rewash them and then find where all the tomatoes had splashed – amazing how far it goes! The cake turned out pretty neat though!

    • That’s so awesome! Last night I was making pizza and I picked up the sauce jar to shake it up a bit and it slipped out of my fingers. I almost had a heart attack when the jar headed toward the floor. Thankfully it hit the counter and didn’t break. Miracle of miracles! :)

  9. Oh, the oatmeal explosion in the microwave. I’ve had that happen more times than I care to admit. And now I cook it on the stove…
    .-= Laura @ Bloggin’ Mama´s last blog ..Military support system =-.

  10. This is hilarious & I can totally relate!! Microwave messes happen at my house alot. The latest event was yesterday when my 7 yr old made caramel popcorn in the microwave — he didn’t know you were supposed to put the caramel on it after it was popped — Huge Mess!

    I know this is sad, but I’m thrilled with the idea to put napkins underneath:) That tip would’ve saved me lots of time over the years!!
    .-= Holly´s last blog ..Winn Dixie ad deals for 2/17-2/23 =-.

  11. I actually think that BOTH of these things have happened to me before so don’t feel bad.
    .-= Alyssa´s last blog ..Community Manager with MomTV =-.

  12. Wow. These are great! I think I’m going to have to keep track of my food fails…like when I tried to reheat my Vanilla Chai so much that it bubbled over the edge of the cup leaving nothing in the cup.
    .-= WCatDD´s last blog ..Itteh Bitteh Stretching Kitteh =-.

  13. Right there with ya. The oatmeal thing – crazy how it does that. (Speaking of which…and science experiments Alyssa, have you ever put Ivory soap in the microwave? Pretty cool.) Anyway, I made two loaves of bread the other day, put them in the oven, turned on the timer, turned off the timer when it went off but DID NOT REMOVE the bread. Threw ‘em away. And then did the very same thing about two days later. It was lovely.

  14. I hate that when that happens.

    My husband won’t let me post my Friday fail on my website this week so I’ll share it with you here. It’s a sad and not funny one. I let me son hold his toothbrush in the bathtub last night and he stood up and fell on it. It hit the outside of his cheek. It really freaked me out, what if it had hit his eye or something. At first I thought it hit the inside of his mouth, but it didn’t. I’m resolved to not let my son have anything pointy that he could fall on. He still falls quite a bit when he walks so this is especially important now. I hate learning lessons the hard way, and I’m sorry my son will have a bruise from it. :(
    .-= Kimberly´s last blog ..Free Emergen-C sample =-.

    • Girl, that is scary!! When I was little I had a toothbrush and was running through the house. Of course, I fell and the toothbrush hit the back of my throat and made it bleed. I’m sure it was a really scary moment for my parents, but I’m glad I don’t remember! :) I know it makes your mommy heart hurt. I look forward to seeing you link up next week…with a much less scary fail!

  15. I had a HUGE fail today. I was making your pizza dough recipe x 3 After getting both my wet and dry ingredients together, I took one more look at the recipe to double check. For some reason I looked at the measurement for the flour and thought it was for the water. So thinking I needed more water, I calculated home much more I needed because I was tripling the recipe. What I ended up with was dough soup.
    Not wanting to lose all of my ingredients, I quickly set my daughter up watching Elmo (her dad was there, I didn’t leave her alone) and I quickly ran to Publix for more yeast. In order to account for all the extra water I’d added, I ended up multiplying the recipe by 8. Yes, EIGHT! I am stocked on pizza dough for a while. This was my first time working with yeast and making my own pizza dough. Just cooked one and it turned out great. Thanks for the recipe!

  16. That is too funny. I’ve so been there, the fridge spill is no fun. And just this week I blew up dairy free butter in my microwave. I was trying to melt it to make some bread…
    .-= Cheryl@SomewhatCrunchy´s last blog ..Weekly Wrap Up =-.

  17. Oh no!! Yeah, it was a good thing the napkin was there! I’ve done that SO many times. You’d think I’d learn my lesson!! :)

  18. wish i knew how to link…

    does dropping and breaking the dish
    of the greatly anticipated bourbon/
    pecan sweet potatoes at
    thanksgiving dinner qualify?

  19. Myra, Very cute linky. I’ll have to keep it in mind. I could have posted this week, because I did about the same thing you did. My kids wanted hot choclate after playing in the snow. I thought I’d go all out and make the real stuff with milk and homemade cocoa, but I was doing 50 things at once, so I put it in the teapot.

    Do you know what happens to milk in a teapot? It doesn’t whistle when it’s done. The lid shot up, the pour cap hit the fridge, and milk began spraying in the air all over the cabinets, floors, me, and everywhere. It was dramatic! And my kids loved it… turkeys :)
    .-= Beth @ In Good Cents´s last blog ..Freebie Friday (Bloggers Link-Up YOURS!) =-.

  20. Ahhhh I hate that! Then you have to take everything out of the fridge and clean up the shelves etc…it takes forever!
    .-= Kelly´s last blog ..Top 5 Posing and Directing Photography Tips =-.

Trackbacks

  1. Social comments and analytics for this post…

    This post was mentioned on Twitter by blessedlife2: New at My Blessed Life, Friday Fails – Kitchen Disasters – http://tinyurl.com/yzplzd5

  2. [...] of labor and delivery!Here I am on Saturday!! (After recovering from the humiliation…)Linked: Friday Fails Leave a Reply Click here to cancel [...]

Join the Conversation!

*

CommentLuv badge

© 2009–2014 MyBlessedLife.net. All rights reserved.

No content on this site, including text and photos, may be reused in any fashion without written permission.

Site design by New Season Design.

Fabulous Friends Visiting