My Baby Is Walking!

There is nothing sweeter than watching the growth and development of my baby. It thrills my heart to teach Ridley and watch him learn, respond and imitate. Wow.

Today, he finally decided to start walking! I was beginning to wonder if he ever would. My sweet boy is still in the “tumbling” stage, so I’m staying very close by to catch him when he falls.

I love listening to his baby giggles! So sweet! And yes, I sound like a silly mom on this video. Please just excuse all the “good job’s” in my high-pitched mommy voice. I don’t always talk like that! Ha!

Isn’t that awesome!?! Ridley is 13 months old. How old were your babies when they started walking?

Linked to:

Share This Post: Pin on Pinterest0Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+0Print this pageEmail this to someone

I completely agree – there is nothing sweeter than watching our babies grow!

I often stop myself when I am beaming with pride over my baby rolling, babbling, crawling etc. and think ‘This must be how God feels when I learn something He has been trying to teach me.’

Thank you for sharing the video!

2. Donna McDonald says

oh my goodness TOOO cuteee!!! this is amazing improvement since Sunday! aw my little buddy is growing up.

seriously myra, and i am not biased at ALL, he is the cutest child on planet earth.

Fantastic!!! Way to go Ridley! Benjamin was walking at 11 mos, on Christmas morning! I love LOVE LOVE how babies walk when they are first learning. It is just so precious! SO precious!!!
    .-= Kristen´s last blog ..Wordy Wednesday =-.

Wonderful! Katie started taking steps a little over a month ago, but she has really taken off the past couple weeks. :) I’ve been thinking about putting up a video, but there’s a limit to how much you can download with the satellite internet here, so I want to make sure I don’t use up all my in-laws’ signal for the day!
    .-= Mary Jo´s last blog ..My Sweet Girl =-.

This is so cute! Brings back alot of memories…and gets me excited thinking about when this next baby’s here! :-) My first started walking around a year and had it down really good by 13 months. (he was a super crawler before that! lol) My second was walking perfectly by the time she was 9 months and proceeded to climb up on top of…well, everything! :-)
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    .-= Tyra´s last blog ..What’s Your Schooling Style? (when sick) =-.

Aww! I am SO glad you posted this- I was hoping to see your little man in action! And I giggled because I am forever asking people to disregard my high “Mommy” voice in the background. 😉

My babies were late walkers- around 15 months- but once they walked, they never fell down. I guess I raise the cautious kind. Ha!
    .-= JessieLeigh´s last blog ..My Pastry Bag =-.

Yay, Ridley! :) I remember the excitement I felt when Gracie started walking, and yes, I sound so silly on the video! Gracie waited until she was almost 14 months to take those first “real” steps, but once she started, she got the hang of it quick! Thanks for sharing this precious moment with us!
    .-= Christina´s last blog ..Days 200 and 201… =-.

8. Cindy says

Good to see so many “late” walkers. My first was 13 months, my second was 14 months, and my last was 15 months! I got so impatient. :)

• says

I think I will have a “late” walker too! We have a first birthday in a week and she is not even close to walking. She loves to stand and “cruise” but she isn’t a fan of letting go of anything, yet. When I try and get her to stand independently, she stares at me with a look of concern for a split second as she lowers herself to the ground.
      .-= Shelley´s last blog ..Bedtime Buddies =-.

Oh my word! HOW CUTE! He is so stinking cute. Glad to see him when he’s not feeling sick.

My oldest walked at 11 months and my youngest didn’t walk OR crawl until he was 15 months. He just had no desire. Funny thing is he’s my laid back kid now. 😉
    .-= Jenny 867-5309´s last blog ..What is a booger? =-.

YEAH! Ridley! Good for him! It’s so excited to see those wobbley steps. Jackson was 12 months when he finally decided he was ready :) But I swear he was RUNNING within 2 days 😉

11. jeanine says

what a sweet little guy! i love watching them toddle around :) my boys walked at 14 months, my older daughter walked at 10 months. my younger daughter is only 7 months and not even crawling yet, so…

12. Shannon says

How awesome is that !!! Way to go Ridley!!! Let’s see, Ysabel was 9 months, Madelynne was 14 months and Emily was 10 months. I agree there is nothing better than seeing that little light bulb go off when it clicks inside of them. They are an inspiration to us to go and learn something new. I love being a mother. It’s the best priviledge in the world.

13. Sarah says

My oldest was 15 months before she decided to walk. My second was 10 months. :) Something about having an older sibling to watch… :)

14. Rachel says

So cute!!! My little one was 13 or 14 months. He is 20 months now and is getting scrached knees. No fun at all but he walks on his tippy toes still and when he trys to run falls down.

It is so much fun to watch them discover the world.

I am [im]patiently waiting for some walking here in WI! I don’t think we are even close to walking yet, which I am ok with, mostly.

I can’t wait until she is strong enough to walk herself into church and other places! My arms get so sore carrying her for several blocks at a time!

Congratulations to Ridley!
    .-= Shelley´s last blog ..Bedtime Buddies =-.

Ahh! So cute. My 2nd didn’t walk until 16 month and didn’t sit until 9 months. Our pediatrician had us meet with First Steps to see if there was a developmental problem. Their diagnosis? She was stubborn! And she reinforces this diagnosis daily!

Congrats to your son!

I can’t believe how big he is! :) My little man started walking at 13 1/2 months. Unfortunately, that’s when he also started getting lots of bumps and bruises! Don’t you just love watching them learn? It’s amazing!

Congratulations :)

My niece whom I blog for just started walking yesterday and she’s 13 months old too

It feel great (and sometimes strange :P) to watch a kid walk. She enjoyed walking, at first she was a li’l afraid but then she spent almost 15min walkin round and round as if she was playing with sm1 :)
    Inspired´s last blog post ..Im Sorry